The Student Room Group

I want to leave this hole of a uni but have a question

I want to leave this absolute hellhole of a uni but if I do so, should I do it after a year so that the results I get from this year can go towards another uni? Or do other uni's not care and are only interested in A-level results?

Basically anyone who has dropped out it would be appreciated if you could chime in and offer your experiences.

Cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnight12
I want to leave this absolute hellhole of a uni but if I do so, should I do it after a year so that the results I get from this year can go towards another uni? Or do other uni's not care and are only interested in A-level results?

Basically anyone who has dropped out it would be appreciated if you could chime in and offer your experiences.

Cheers!

If you're applying to transfer, obviously you're going to need to have completed the year. However, if you're happy to go back to first year and hate your current uni that much, then first year results aren't likely to have much of an influence.
Reply 2
Can I ask which Uni it is?
defo get the results & transfer into second year elsewhere
Original post by *Zep

this!
and why do you hate it?
Reply 5
Oh stop being such an ungrateful ****er. Just stay there and think to yourself how lucky you are to be at university and not have to drink your own urine every night for a bit of nourishment, and eat **** with sugar on for a treat.
Original post by *Zep

Original post by Bubbles0ox
this!
and why do you hate it?

Why is it that, the minute someone expresses dislike of their uni, people ask what uni it is? It has no relevance to this question... :rolleyes:
Reply 7
If you know which Uni you want to go to then ring them up and ask if there is a possibility they will allow you to transfer with your A-level grades. And if so, can you transfer now or next year?

If they say next year, maybe it's worth sticking it out until the year is over. Although, if you know the Uni will accept you with your A-level grades then it might not be worth staying (if you hate it that much).
Original post by TheSownRose
Why is it that, the minute someone expresses dislike of their uni, people ask what uni it is? It has no relevance to this question... :rolleyes:

im nosy..
duh!

For the same reason that if someone expresses dislike of a particular phone, people will ask what phone it is..
Original post by BackDoorEntry
For the same reason that if someone expresses dislike of a particular phone, people will ask what phone it is..

What would that reason be..? :holmes:
Original post by Marst
Oh stop being such an ungrateful ****er. Just stay there and think to yourself how lucky you are to be at university and not have to drink your own urine every night for a bit of nourishment, and eat **** with sugar on for a treat.

If the opportunity is there to go somewhere they'll be happy, why not take it? Seems a bit silly to ignore an opportunity.
Reply 12
If you transfere after first year make sure with them that they do the same mmodules.

Humans are curious mammals, and no amount of whining about lack of relevance or some other tripe is going to change that.

Find out about any problems associated with the uni and potentially avoid it!
Original post by Pheylan
to avoid purchasing that university

Find out about any problems associated with the uni and potentially avoid it!

Still, not relevant to this thread - why not PM the OP?

Original post by Retrodiction
Humans are curious mammals, and no amount of whining about lack of relevance or some other tripe is going to change that.

Maybe not, but still... I'm curious about their curiousity. :p:
Still, not relevant to this thread - why not PM the OP?

Maybe not, but still... I'm curious about their curiousity. :p:

3v1.. back down Rosy :colone:

make that 4 Vs. 1 :colone: :sexface:

You'll never defeat me! :gunfire:
Original post by Pheylan
to avoid purchasing that university

I'd give you some nice juicy rep for that but I've run out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending