The Student Room Group

Recieved my AS certificates today....

Hey all, well I'm retaking AS year, as I did not do well, and a certificate arrived for my results last year. Does this mean my results from last year are cashed in? If so, does it mean those are my official AS's and I can't 'fix' them so to speak, and replace them with future, hopefully better ones this year? What about UCAS, do I have to include my rather worse for wear AS's as well as my current ones on the application form? I'm very worried.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
anyone?
Sorry dan for late reply. You can resit your AS and it's not fixed, when you do resit and get a higher mark it will be accounted for and you will get another certificate. For now, your AS results are cashed in and legally it has to be declared on UCAS for application.
Reply 3
/\/\ casshern1456 - Don't worry, it's cool.

Meaning that I have to include my grades on my certificates along with my future AS results next year on UCAS? Or that it's just for now, and I can replace my grades with the ones this year, and put those on UCAS? Note that I'm applying for uni next year.
Reply 4
Original post by Danz123
/\/\ casshern1456 - Don't worry, it's cool.

Meaning that I have to include my grades on my certificates along with my future AS results next year on UCAS? Or that it's just for now, and I can replace my grades with the ones this year, and put those on UCAS? Note that I'm applying for uni next year.

Providing you are still doing the same subjects this year as you were last year, then you just put down the higher grade. if you dropped a subject at the end of last year and achieved higher than a U, then yes you will have to put it down on UCAS.
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
Providing you are still doing the same subjects this year as you were last year, then you just put down the higher grade. if you dropped a subject at the end of last year and achieved higher than a U, then yes you will have to put it down on UCAS.

Since I'm repeating AS year, I am doing completely new subjects, except for one, but that is on a different exam board. I'm still doing four subjects though. So do I have to put down my grades from last AS year onto UCAS? I did achieve above U's in the subs, but the grades were still quite bad.
Reply 6
Original post by Danz123
Since I'm repeating AS year, I am doing completely new subjects, except for one, but that is on a different exam board. I'm still doing four subjects though. So do I have to put down my grades from last AS year onto UCAS? I did achieve above U's in the subs, but the grades were still quite bad.

Yeah in that case you will need to put down your grades from last year as they have been certified.
Reply 7
Yeah in that case you will need to put down your grades from last year as they have been certified.

Sorry for all the questions by the way xD, but will uni's look down on me because they can see that I've taken 3 years, and they can see the grades I got from both AS years? I am doing new subs after all, so it's like I'm doing two years, but still...?
Reply 8
Original post by Danz123
Sorry for all the questions by the way xD, but will uni's look down on me because they can see that I've taken 3 years, and they can see the grades I got from both AS years? I am doing new subs after all, so it's like I'm doing two years, but still...?

Yeah the unis will see both years worth of AS grades. Most of them shouldn't, you just need to get the grades they ask for this time (there will be some exceptions of course e.g. Oxbridge, Imperial and Medicine at certain unis)
Reply 9
Yeah the unis will see both years worth of AS grades. Most of them shouldn't, you just need to get the grades they ask for this time (there will be some exceptions of course e.g. Oxbridge, Imperial and Medicine at certain unis)

aha, I know, I'm aiming to get 4 A's, and the subs I do I'm interested in, and am doing well in so far. I did sciences last time because of the other subs I wanted to do were oversubscribed.
I want to do law, would certain uni's excluding oxbridge dislike a retaken year then? I've got my eye on certain uni's e.g. UCL, warwick, & UEA. Would these uni's mind? Again, sorry for the questions. .)
Original post by Danz123
aha, I know, I'm aiming to get 4 A's, and the subs I do I'm interested in, and am doing well in so far. I did sciences last time because of the other subs I wanted to do were oversubscribed.
I want to do law, would certain uni's excluding oxbridge dislike a retaken year then? I've got my eye on certain uni's e.g. UCL, warwick, & UEA. Would these uni's mind? Again, sorry for the questions. .)

UEA are unlikely to, but Warwick and UCL might- two competitve unis and law is a very competitive course. Your best bet would be to email Warwick & UCL explaining that you aren't retaking most of your subjects but you are doing your a-levels over 3 years.
Reply 11
UEA are unlikely to, but Warwick and UCL might- two competitve unis and law is a very competitive course. Your best bet would be to email Warwick & UCL explaining that you aren't retaking most of your subjects but you are doing your a-levels over 3 years.

I know :frown:

I suppose I should, thanks for your help by the way, hopefully if I get good grades they will notice me. Good luck with your studies. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending