Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Broadcast Journalism Offers

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I applied for this Cardiff course - I got an offer a few weeks ago. I was quite suprised as I did receive an email saying that they were unsure (most likely because of fees issues) as to how many places they could offer, so I wasn't expected to hear back until Feb time!

Have you heard from them yet? And where else have you applied for?

I'm going to Bmouth selection process tomorrow :/

Tazz
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Bournemouth thing yday was hard in my opinion - everyone seemed to want it more than me and had amazing portfolios filled with work experience which I didnt really have, although they did stress that we've done very well for getting that far and that this wasnt meant to be a test or anything - more of a day for us to see if it's right for us.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevels)
    The Bournemouth thing yday was hard in my opinion - everyone seemed to want it more than me and had amazing portfolios filled with work experience which I didnt really have, although they did stress that we've done very well for getting that far and that this wasnt meant to be a test or anything - more of a day for us to see if it's right for us.
    You've scared me now! I still haven't heard from Bournemouth which is a bit worrying... what kind of things did you have to do? Was everyone really OTT trying to impress etc?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robtastic)
    You've scared me now! I still haven't heard from Bournemouth which is a bit worrying... what kind of things did you have to do? Was everyone really OTT trying to impress etc?
    There wasn't actually much to do - we got to try TV and radio stuff but it wasn't being evaluated (bet it was!) and there was a quiz about stuff in the news and we showed our portfolios. Thing was some people had sooooo much work experience it was unbelievable and people were really trying to be OTT to impress - as a guy I don't really have the enthusiasm some of the girls had to be smiling 24/7 and asking all sorts of questions and sounding extremely upbeat etc.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay i've got an interview and test at Nott Trent for print journalism in Feb Some progress finally!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    all you people hearing from leeds
    im getting so paranoid! I want to know haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaL)
    all you people hearing from leeds
    im getting so paranoid! I want to know haha

Well, Leeds rang me this morning to tell me that they've accidentally accepted me for the wrong course. Their mistake. So I have a place, but not for Broadcast Journalism. FFS. You might be better off with them taking their time by the sound of it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cariss)
    Well, Leeds rang me this morning to tell me that they've accidentally accepted me for the wrong course. Their mistake. So I have a place, but not for Broadcast Journalism. FFS. You might be better off with them taking their time by the sound of it.
    Wont they tranfer you to the right course?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't actually much to do - we got to try TV and radio stuff but it wasn't being evaluated (bet it was!) and there was a quiz about stuff in the news and we showed our portfolios. Thing was some people had sooooo much work experience it was unbelievable and people were really trying to be OTT to impress - as a guy I don't really have the enthusiasm some of the girls had to be smiling 24/7 and asking all sorts of questions and sounding extremely upbeat etc.
    Have you heard back yet? I got an offer today
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok cool. Yeah I can imagine some people have folders bursting with newspaper cuttings and stuff, I only have a few and some radio programs I've done for my local station! Oh well, I suppose if they like you enough it should be ok. Yeah girls are far better at being OTT than us boys haha, probably jacked up on Red Bull!
    Did you get an offer?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Merry christmas all of you hope you all have a nice day tomorrow
    I just got an offer from Nottingham Trent, an early christmas present haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview/ selection day thingy at Bournemouth in January Lovely Christmas pressie!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah hi guys :3
    I applied almost a month ago at:
    Sheffield
    Leeds
    UCLan
    Brighton
    Gloucestershire

So far I got a conditional offer from Leeds (ABB) and I got an interview for Gloucestershire
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazz_yerr)
    Have you heard back yet? I got an offer today
    Yeah got an offer - they don't even want AAA from me, just ABA. Were u in group 1 by any chance?

(Original post by oliviaL)
    Merry christmas all of you hope you all have a nice day tomorrow
    I just got an offer from Nottingham Trent, an early christmas present haha
    Nice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I applied for pretty much the same as all you guys!
    got an offer from trent - which is cool, the admissions test was actually really fun! so don't be nervous if yours is coming up! Just stay calm everyone is super friendly!
    Bummed about leeds and sheffield, still haven't heard back from them so people let me know! Shef looks amazzzzing!

Bournemouth rejected me for not having a 'focused' enough personal statement, they suck!

Good luck to all u homies
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Who has a Nottingham Trent admissions test on Wednesday 19th?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigsmile)
    Who has a Nottingham Trent admissions test on Wednesday 19th?
    Dont know who does, but ive had one and its really fun
    whats your top choice?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still dont have anything from Leeds, starting to get even more stressed
    Maybe its my personal statement thats not good, im predicted AAB
    What are other people predicted if you dont mind saying
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i still havent heard anything from Leeds either, but i have an interview from Nottingham Trent on Wednesday, anyone know what that will consist of?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what did you have to do for your inetrview at Nottingham? ive got mine on the 19th

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.