The Student Room Group

Broadcast Journalism Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by alevels
Aww that's terrible news :frown: I hope you enjoy Nottingham Trent as it looked amazing. I still might choose Trent over Leeds depending on how my visit goes in a couple of weeks at Leeds.

I have a Westminster interview today, hope that goes well.:s-smilie:

Are you going to the open day in Feb, or the one on 2nd March or 9th March? Really looking forward to Leeds. Reading this feed has made me realise how fortunate I am to have got an offer from them so quickly :smile: Just want to hear from York now so that I can put my firm and insurance!
Reply 81
Whats happening about this Nottingham Trent open day? I haven't been told anything about it :/
Reply 82
Original post by oliviaL

Original post by oliviaL
Just got a rejection from Leeds, absolutely gutted.
They said that they were seriously oversubscribed but that they think I am good enough to apply for New Media or Communications which I am not going to do. Basically they need to fill up places.
But life goes on, Nottingham Trent had better watch out!

Looks like i'll be seeing you there!! ha! i havent heard from leeds but i can't see it being good news! hello notts!...
Reply 83
Is anyone going to the Nottingham Trent interview tomorrow? Anyone know what it will involve?...
Reply 84
Original post by robtastic
Is anyone going to the Nottingham Trent interview tomorrow? Anyone know what it will involve?...

I've done the interview, first you have a tour and presentation then you have to write a short sort of essay on why you want to be a journalist and then you have to read some news bulletins as if it's for the radio :smile:. I thought it was really fun
Reply 85
Original post by oliviaL
Whats happening about this Nottingham Trent open day? I haven't been told anything about it :/

I think you misread the message from alevels, we were talking about Leeds, sorry.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by bigsmile
I think you misread the message from alevels, we were talking about Leeds, sorry.

Oh yeah :/ haha
Good luck at your trent interview anway :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by bigsmile
Are you going to the open day in Feb, or the one on 2nd March or 9th March? Really looking forward to Leeds. Reading this feed has made me realise how fortunate I am to have got an offer from them so quickly :smile: Just want to hear from York now so that I can put my firm and insurance!

Yeah it makes me feel fortunate too. Im going to the one in feb? My mum has managed to tag along this time, you going with anyone else? They said it was fine on the form to bring guests so i guess it should be ok.
Reply 88
Just got an email from westminster with a conditional. Not updated on ucas though. Only sheffield left now...
Original post by alevels
Just got an email from westminster with a conditional. Not updated on ucas though. Only sheffield left now...

Argh I'm still waiting on Westminster! When did you apply? Waiting on Sheffield too :frown: Congrats!
Reply 90
Original post by Jesseecar123
Argh I'm still waiting on Westminster! When did you apply? Waiting on Sheffield too :frown: Congrats!

I think 26-Sept if I remember correctly? When did you apply? Might want to give them a call to make sure they received your application to be sure because interviews are being hold around this time.

Thanks and good luck.
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this thread! I got a offer for Broadcast Journo at Leeds in Nov, glad to see some possible class mates on here!!

Which open days are you guys going to, if any?

:biggrin:
Original post by alevels
I think 26-Sept if I remember correctly? When did you apply? Might want to give them a call to make sure they received your application to be sure because interviews are being hold around this time.

Thanks and good luck.

Oh right that'll probably explain it, I applied 25th of November. I have emailed them updating my application since though so they should have it. My friend applied for Film and Television Production around the same time as me and she hasn't had a reply yet but others have had interviews so it should be okay.

Thanks!
Reply 93
Has anyone heard from Sheffield yet!?
Reply 94
goodluck to anyone at Trent tomorrow :smile:My friend has an interview there
Reply 95
Has anyone heard from Sheffield yet!?

yeah i got an expected rejection, I knew it would be since my personal statement was all about Broadcast and the course is journalism.
I didnt get an email about it though just went on my track today and it was there lol
Im not upset though, I only applied there to get 5 choices down haha
Reply 96
Original post by oliviaL
yeah i got an expected rejection, I knew it would be since my personal statement was all about Broadcast and the course is journalism.
I didnt get an email about it though just went on my track today and it was there lol
Im not upset though, I only applied there to get 5 choices down haha

Oh unlucky, well as long as you're not too bothered about it- that's the main thing! Just got my offer :smile: (Sorry if this seems like a "rubbing it in your face" message haha) x
Rejected from Sheffield. Shocker.
Reply 98
Oh unlucky, well as long as you're not too bothered about it- that's the main thing! Just got my offer :smile: (Sorry if this seems like a "rubbing it in your face" message haha) x

Welldone :smile: Is it one of your top choices?
And no it doesnt haha it was only there to make five choices but it is always abit annoying to get a rejection
Reply 99
Just got rejected from Sheffield. Like oliviaL i only put it there because i couldn't think of another option. :P (Guess my PS focused too much on broadcast)

Leeds or Trent it is! Going to the leeds open next week - anyone else going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending