The Student Room Group

Romanians?......or people who love romania.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by python
You do realize you would've gotten similar requirements for a top uni, right? Or maybe someone tricked you into believing that Oxford Brookes = the famous University of Oxford?

Yes, I do realize it and yes I know it's not the famous uni but it's the only one offering Business Management combined with Publishing, which has a high demand and only 40 places, and with a placement year in industry. Also, I got the same offer, 9, from Southampton for Criminology and Psychology so yes I am aware of that fact.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 181
His question is understandable though, so many Romanians are tricked and end up applying to not-so-good universities asking them the same requirements top universities do.

Is anyone applying to study Economics?
Reply 182
Original post by aalex
His question is understandable though, so many Romanians are tricked and end up applying to not-so-good universities asking them the same requirements top universities do.

Is anyone applying to study Economics?

I am sorry but this isn't my case, I applied on my own with no help from anyone and also helped friends of mine write their applications and all of us got into various universities, Glasgow(13), St Andrews(4), Imperial(14), Reading(25) and Southampton(22), in brackets you get the rank they score in league tables, though that's not always important. Oxford Brookes is at number 42 which is not bad considering it only has 150 years. But the business school has strong links in industry, plenty of internships and you get a placement(work) year included in your degree. It's not always about what university score best it's about what it can offer related to what you want to study. It is an individual's choice to go somewhere where they think they have plenty of opportunities. I picked this uni because it has dozens of links to companies and publishing houses in the UK and around the world. A first class degree is a first class degree no matter where you get it from and if you work hard you can't fail.

Anyway, you can think what you want but I know why i made this choice and even if I was accepted to better ranked universities I know which would be better for my future in industry :smile: Sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was some kind of ignorant applying through Edmundo, for smth to be done right you have to do it yourself. I didn't like his way of addressing me and all because he has no idea what I've done so far and how I think or pick. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by lexutza
I am sorry but this isn't my case, I applied on my own with no help from anyone and also helped friends of mine write their applications and all of us got into various universities, Glasgow(13), St Andrews(4), Imperial(14), Reading(25) and Southampton(22), in brackets you get the rank they score in league tables, though that's not always important. Oxford Brookes is at number 42 which is not bad considering it only has 150 years. But the business school has strong links in industry, plenty of internships and you get a placement(work) year included in your degree. It's not always about what university score best it's about what it can offer related to what you want to study. It is an individual's choice to go somewhere where they think they have plenty of opportunities. I picked this uni because it has dozens of links to companies and publishing houses in the UK and around the world. A first class degree is a first class degree no matter where you get it from and if you work hard you can't fail.

Anyway, you can think what you want but I know why i made this choice and even if I was accepted to better ranked universities I know which would be better for my future in industry :smile: Sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was some kind of ignorant applying through Edmundo, for smth to be done right you have to do it yourself. I didn't like his way of addressing me and all because he has no idea what I've done so far and how I think or pick. :rolleyes:

I was talking generally, not about you. Congratulations for getting into the university you wanted.
I traveled to Romania last year. Stayed there for a month and so, it's probably the best place I've been to personally. The whole scenery country wise was picturesque to my imagining of what Germania was like.
Reply 185
Original post by franchesskah
Hello! I am from Piatra Neamt also!

I, too, am currently living in Piatra-Neamt and have applied to University in the UK. :smile:
Original post by benom2
I, too, am currently living in Piatra-Neamt and have applied to University in the UK. :smile:

where have you applied? PM me if you wanna discuss further :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by franchesskah
where have you applied? PM me if you wanna discuss further :smile:

The whole ordeal is so convoluted that I'm afraid I cannot offer a straightforward answer. By the way, do you go to Colegiul Național "Calistrat Hogaș", like me? :smile:
Original post by benom2
The whole ordeal is so convoluted that I'm afraid I cannot offer a straightforward answer. By the way, do you go to Colegiul Național "Calistrat Hogaș", like me? :smile:

Nope, CNPR girl here
Original post by benom2

Hi! I finished CNCH last year and I took a gap year in Italy. I'm going to the University of Leeds in September. How are you? Preparing for the final exams, right? What are you studying at Hogas? I finished Social Sciences :biggrin:
Reply 190
So who's applying this year to study Economics? :u:
Bump.

Hi, I'm also Romanian, hoping to study Linguistics in the UK. Nice to meet you all!
I admit I'm pretty ignorant about Romania even though I'm from Hungary. I'd love to go to Transylvania, I actually have no idea why I've never gone there.:s-smilie: *holiday goals*

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Romania is...

[video="youtube;s9YbICd43Mc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YbICd43Mc[/video]

I actually learnt the lyrics to this song when it came out and would sing it at school and I would always lie and tell people I can speak Romanian :redface:
Hahaha, O Zone. For some reason, wherever I go in Europe I just have to hear multiple Romanian songs on the radio... mostly house music but oh well. It still counts.

I'm really, really surprised there was a thread for us Romanians.

Either way, are there any Romanians leaving in/near Birmingham? I only moved here last year, and it really would be nice to know there are some other Romanians nearby.
Original post by Caius Filimon
Hahaha, O Zone. For some reason, wherever I go in Europe I just have to hear multiple Romanian songs on the radio... mostly house music but oh well. It still counts.

I'm really, really surprised there was a thread for us Romanians.

Either way, are there any Romanians leaving in/near Birmingham? I only moved here last year, and it really would be nice to know there are some other Romanians nearby.

Caius,
I heard that there are Romanian pubs in Birmingham. Is that true?
I had a friend who worked in Birmingham, but she moved to London :frown:

Are there any people living and/or studying near/in Bristol ? I got accepted at a MSc programme there and I would love to know at least one person before I get there ^_^
Reply 195
Original post by driftawaay
I admit I'm pretty ignorant about Romania even though I'm from Hungary. I'd love to go to Transylvania, I actually have no idea why I've never gone there.:s-smilie: *holiday goals*

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Romania is...

[video="youtube;s9YbICd43Mc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YbICd43Mc[/video]

I actually learnt the lyrics to this song when it came out and would sing it at school and I would always lie and tell people I can speak Romanian :redface:

nice
Original post by bianca.elena
Caius,
I heard that there are Romanian pubs in Birmingham. Is that true?
I had a friend who worked in Birmingham, but she moved to London :frown:

Are there any people living and/or studying near/in Bristol ? I got accepted at a MSc programme there and I would love to know at least one person before I get there ^_^

I cannot say I've ever heard of such pubs; or even rumors of them.

But I know for a fact that the Amazon workforce here boasts pretty high ratios of Romanians ;p

Other than that, I've never really heard of Romanians living in the area. It should be noted though that I live in the suburbs of Birmingham.

Felicitari pentru oferta de masterat ^^
Original post by Caius Filimon

Felicitari pentru oferta de masterat ^^

Thank youuuuu ^-^
Heyaaaa! Romanian here! Nice to meet you all ,haha. I'm kinda lonely here,in uk . Well I live with my boyfriend but I really miss my friends so I'm trying to meet new peeps so if you wanna talk , I'm here XD
Helloo, Romanian student in Leicester here :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending