The Student Room Group

Record Applicants for 2011?

Do you think there will be record applicants in 2011? There were many in 2010 and that was before the Browne report.

As it stands do some people that start degrees BEFORE the fees hike get that rate for all 3/4 years of their tuition? Or is it a yearly rate? Just wondering because if this is the case there wil be record applicants trying to get the cheaper degrees!

Makes me worried, I'm 19 with an HND 20 by the time I hit uni, hope my statement gets me in :colondollar:
Reply 1
I think the general presumption is that yes, this will be the highest yet.
Reply 2
Original post by chrislpp
Do you think there will be record applicants in 2011? There were many in 2010 and that was before the Browne report.

As it stands do some people that start degrees BEFORE the fees hike get that rate for all 3/4 years of their tuition? Or is it a yearly rate? Just wondering because if this is the case there wil be record applicants trying to get the cheaper degrees!

Makes me worried, I'm 19 with an HND 20 by the time I hit uni, hope my statement gets me in :colondollar:

"Ministers intend to bring in the new system in time for it to take effect from September 2012. Students applying in 2011 who defer entry to 2012 will have to pay the increased fees, and there are concerns that there will be a rush for places in 2011 before the new regime kicks in. But students who have begun their courses before 2012 will not be affected in their later years of study."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11483638
Reply 3
Original post by MM1234
"Ministers intend to bring in the new system in time for it to take effect from September 2012. Students applying in 2011 who defer entry to 2012 will have to pay the increased fees, and there are concerns that there will be a rush for places in 2011 before the new regime kicks in. But students who have begun their courses before 2012 will not be affected in their later years of study."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11483638

Damn, gonna be a lot of people who never even intended to go to uni this year applying also :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending