The Student Room Group

offer for a different course?... confused!

Well.. i applied to Reading for English Language and Literature Q301, it's on my UCAS welcome letter so definitely didn't make a mistake. Yet Reading have just given me an offer for straight English Literature (Q300).. does this mean i haven't been accepted onto my first choice? Or is it simply a mistake?
I'm happy nevertheless.. my first offer :biggrin:!
Reply 1
I'm afraid I'm no help, but maybe you could try emailing the uni? If it is a simple mistake, they should be happy to correct it, and if it isn't then you might want to be sure what course you're on. Would being accepted onto a different course affect your decision?
For what it's worth, I don't think it's usual to offer for any course other than the ones applied to. But I'm no expert; you're best bet's probably asking them.
Reply 2
I doubt that its a mistake, it just means that you have an offer for a different course, if you accept that offer and go to Reading then you will do straight English Lit. If you really want to do English Lit and Lang you could try calling them and asking why and if there is a possibility of a transfer (either a new offer or once you are there), do they have different entry requirements or did you do better in an English Lit exam than in an English Lang exam because these could be reasons why they made you a different offer.
Reply 3
Original post by shootingstar!
Well.. i applied to Reading for English Language and Literature Q301, it's on my UCAS welcome letter so definitely didn't make a mistake. Yet Reading have just given me an offer for straight English Literature (Q300).. does this mean i haven't been accepted onto my first choice? Or is it simply a mistake?
I'm happy nevertheless.. my first offer :biggrin:!

does ur predicted grades meet the requirements for english language and literature? maybe it doesnt so they have offered you just english literature...something like this happened to my sister...call the uni up to confirm
Reply 4
Thank you, i will do that now. I don't think it would affect my decision that much, just found it slightly strange!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending