The Student Room Group

Girls: what is your dream wedding dress?

pictures would be lovely :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like the strapless sort. I googled that and got these results, which both look lovely. I like the first one best, although on the second one I like the red ribbon around the dress, or whatever it is if it is not ribbon.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I can't decide whether I want a big, voluminous dress on the view that i'd never get to wear anything like it again, or a closer fitted dress out of practicality. Depends on what sort of wedding I decide to have as well - and whether heels are going to make me taller than the man i'm marrying or not/how a dress looks with heels or flats.

Can't get pics to show up but here's roughly what i'd want depending on the style.

Big dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=S5261

Fitted dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&page=1&style=R1062
or http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=J1366

Destination: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=AD3395

Those would be my top 5
The one I got married in last summer :biggrin:
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan

beautiful beautiful beautiful bride!! awwwwwwwwwww :p:)
Original post by iheartmondays
beautiful beautiful beautiful bride!! awwwwwwwwwww :p:)

Thankyou!! :biggrin:
I'd quite like a Betazoid-themed wedding... :sexface:
Reply 7
I'll admit, I have looked :ninja: but I don't actually like many wedding dresses in general. So, whatever. :p:
Reply 8
Yaaaay wedding dresses, my pride and joy <3
Anything vera wang-y, can't wait till my wedding =D
Reply 9
One with sleeves because my arms aren't that nice. They don't seem that common nowadays though.

I did wedding dress modelling once :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Something a bit like this, but more detailing on the actual dress and I would want it to go out a bit more at the bottom... :smile:
I'm very conflicted when it comes to wedding dresses. I'm all for simple and elegant, but there's also a part of me that would love a medieval style dress. But then I think how I'd hate to have a 'themed' or gimmicky wedding, so that puts me off...

I always wanted to wear a dress like Christina Ricci's at the end of Sleepy Hollow - black and white regency stripes. Yum.

Oh, and I LOVE Rachel McAdam's dress in The Notebook:
(edited 13 years ago)
I thought I knew what I wanted in a wedding dress, but the one I ended up buying is nothing like what I had in mind! It's not even ivory - ivory made me look ill, so I've gone for diamond white - proper contrast with my red hair.

What I thought I wanted: Fishtail, off-shoulder, lace.
What I actually went for: A-line, strapless, embellishment on the bust and skirt, lace up back, taffeta.

I'll be buying a lace bolero to wear as well, since I hate my arms, and I can't go without something lacey. :p:
Reply 13
Original post by Jenny_Jazz
I like the strapless sort. I googled that and got these results, which both look lovely. I like the first one best, although on the second one I like the red ribbon around the dress, or whatever it is if it is not ribbon.

love this wedding dress well nice...i like strapless on or like a halter neck one :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ily_em
One with sleeves because my arms aren't that nice. They don't seem that common nowadays though.

I did wedding dress modelling once :ninja:

Same, it was a show as opposed to photographic, and I had so many different dresses on it totally messed with my idea of what suited me and what didn't.
I've never understood why girls plan their 'dream' weddings years and years ahead, particularly before they've even met the man they will marry.

Spoiler

I don't really want the traditional white wedding dress. My dream wedding dress would be quite "rocky" and my ideal color would be black.
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan

:jumphug: Very pretty! :wink:
Charlotte Balbier!

They're always so classy, romantic and gorgeous, with a vintagey feel. Lovely lace and silks, and not too many strapless dresses (they're just not for me!)
My favourite two:

Tabitha:

and

Thea:

Quick Reply

Latest