The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Anyone have information on what to revise for the evaluative Task (OCR chemistry A), all I was told was:
You will be evaluating the preparation of an organic liquid??
Reply 781
Original post by hardz21
ok can someone explain this please, page 37 in the ocr textbook- question number 4c... what's the answer?

more so, how do you work it out... because the answer to biii) is 0.7 mol dm-3

and then in the answer thing on the exam cafe it says that

its 74.5 g mol-1 for the NaClO formula which is okay, but then it says to get the mass conc u have to do 74.5 x 0.7 which equals to 52.15

and then it says the answer is correct because it's 5.215 per 10ocm3

PLEASE EXPLAIN... this is just crazy :s-smilie:

Its Simple , your answer of 0.7 mol dm3 for biii is correct after that take conc is 0.7 mol dm3 this means there are 0.7 mole in a dm3 so you can write the equation
0.7=mass/74.5(molar mass of NaClO)
0.7 x 74.5 = 52.15g dm3
which is
5.215 g in 100cm3 , so is quite similar to the 4.5g per 100cm3 stated
Reply 782
Hey everyone :smile:
I have an As Chemistry qualitative exam tomorrow and I don't really know what to expect :/
I have been told it is about reactions of solutions and solids but that doesn't really give me any idea when it comes to preparation.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Original post by Stuart W
Hey everyone :smile:
I have an As Chemistry qualitative exam tomorrow and I don't really know what to expect :/
I have been told it is about reactions of solutions and solids but that doesn't really give me any idea when it comes to preparation.
Any help would be much appreciated,

I have a titrations practical next week but i think thats the quantitative exam...hope yours went well :smile: Has anyone done the titrations practical? How did it go?
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
I have a titrations practical next week but i think thats the quantitative exam...hope yours went well :smile: Has anyone done the titrations practical? How did it go?

Ah, do you know what to revise? I'm really nervous about this titration because my pipette never fills up, ahah.
Yay! My first post on an AS level exam thread :woo:
I like Chemistry. :biggrin: We've got a bit of bonding and the groups 2 and 7 to do...
Just for anyone sitting this exam in January 2013 here is the thread for it -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2172419
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Yay! My first post on an AS level exam thread :woo:
I like Chemistry. :biggrin: We've got a bit of bonding and the groups 2 and 7 to do...

and we are done yeah :biggrin:
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai

mine too how are you revising?
Original post by stateofdreaming
Ah, do you know what to revise? I'm really nervous about this titration because my pipette never fills up, ahah.

:biggrin:
hehehe why??:confused:
Original post by thecdon
Hey guys,

I haven't noticed a thread for this exam, so I've decided to make one now :smile:

Is anyone sitting this exam for the first time? I'm on my gap year so have decided I may as well resit it!

just about to start my revision.

So everyone post in here!

If this thread becomes popular I may make other threads for other OCR A Chemistry exams this Jan.

so here is the NEWER version

feel free to join :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2184418&p=40351075#post40351075
Original post by librastar28
mine too how are you revising?

ohh sorry just saw this now...how did yours go? i just went over moles calculations and stuff...have you done the qualitative or evaluative yet?
Reply 792
last year boundaries where 50/60 for an A. Chemistry boundaries are always so high ffs
Had a mock at college, got 62% as although I knew the answers the mark scheme is very specific. Did another mock at home and got 77% - yay certainly improving then! And we haven't actually been taught the Group 2 and 7 stuff, though quite a lot is basically what we have already done!
Page 36 question 2b(i) what analytical method is used to obtain this information?
i did AS chem last year and got a B :/ im gna resit f321 paper and mark scheme could they please upload it on here i really wana see where i went wrong

Latest

Trending

Trending