The Student Room Group

Have you sent off your UCAS?

Poll

Have you sent off your UCAS?

I'll probably send mines by the end of the week if notn by early next week and I was wondering how many of you have sent your forms off already? This DOESN'T include medicine or oxford/cambridge applications.

I was also wondering if applying late affects your chances of getting in a uni for example people who applied get in get first and buy the time I send mines off the places are all full.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I still havent sent mine yet, I'm hoping it'll go in the next week or so.

I sent my form off late December last year and got 4 offers so I dont think it works on 'first come, first serve'. As long as it goes by the deadline in January it's all good.
Reply 2
I've had problems with paying for sending my application, so no, I haven't sent mine yet. silly me decided to send off it on friday evening and only then did I realise that UCAS does not accept amex... so I tried all of the cards my family has, and none of them seemed to work, so my application was blocked and I had to wait until monday to call UCAS and get it to work again. now I'm waiting until friday morning to get a new card, hopefully this time it works... :/
Reply 3
Nope, my referee is taking forever, even though I finished my application ages ago. I'm just waiting for her reference then we can send it. I'm also pretty worried there'll be no places - but it wouldn't be right for them to give away all the places before the deadline. :smile:
No! I trusted my reference to do it when I was on holiday like she said, and my mum was meant to send it away! I was all excited to come home and log onto track, but no. Still no reference. :|
I'm just waiting for my Head of Sixth Form to write a "supporting letter" to go with my Doctor's note and then mine can go.
Reply 6
Original post by chemical_bex
No! I trusted my reference to do it when I was on holiday like she said, and my mum was meant to send it away! I was all excited to come home and log onto track, but no. Still no reference. :|

:frown: Know the feeling...
Reply 7
Yep. Got an offer 6 days after sending it too, lol.
Reply 8
I sent mine off a few hours ago. I'm applying as an independent candidate, I sent it off as soon as my tutor from my old college did me a reference. I'm really quite nervous, I'm hoping I'm going to have got it right this time around.
Reply 9
mrdooved1
I was also wondering if applying late affects your chances of getting in a uni for example people who applied get in get first and buy the time I send mines off the places are all full.

As long as you apply before the deadline, your application will be considered equally with someone who applied on 1st of September. Just because they've given offers already doesn't mean they're going to run out of places; they have previous years' data and probably only give earlier offers to people they're sure they're going to give an offer anyway. Also, most unis have lots more offers than places available again making them less likely to 'run out'.

So don't worry about it :smile:
I'll be sending mine off momentarily. I didn't start it until mid-September, then I had it done a few weeks ago, except for the reference which I was waiting for. That came in yesterday.
Reply 11
Sent of today wohohohohohoh!
Mine got sent of at 1pm today. Relieved since I sent it to my tutor 3 weeks ago.
Sent mine off properly the other day! :biggrin:
I think if you get past like mid-december and you haven't applied, your getting into the scrag-ends list. It gives the impression to uni's that your un-organised, and stuff. They should give you equal consideration, but they often don't. And imagine trawling through that many applications and personal statements. They're gonna be less enthusiastic in January, and an outstanding personal statement in September, might not stand out as outstanding in January, after reading thousands of 'outstanding' statements beforehand.
Basically try to apply by December.
My tutor just approved it yesturday after I gave it in a few weeks ago but my school still hasn't sent it off. The reference is done too and I've emailed the person in charge of sending it but I've gotten no response.

I think they are all considered equal but it doesn't make the wait any easier.
Reply 15
I sent my UCAS form off last week, but there are still quite a few people in my school who haven't sent their application of yet some even haven't started their personal staments!!
Reply 16
Sent it too my referee on 20th October.....still waiting for it to be sent off!
Reply 17
Sent mine to my referee on Saturday.
Reply 18
Yeah.
Reply 19
My tutor just wont pres send it is really pissing me. I am just a person who hates waiting on other people. I just dont understnd why she just wont press send!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending