The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You need to spend a night camped out in roundabouts.
Reply 21
superstardj4eva
Rite guys, i've had my 2nd driving test at Coventry Bayton Road once again and guess what? I failed once again :mad: I am so p*ssed off, i thought I would have passed considering the first time went better than this time, had 3 serious and 6 minors. All the serious came from roundabouts being in the wrong lane and attempting to get into the lane and also exitting in the outside lane. I hated those two roundabouts you see. So now i've gone and booked my 3rd test at Nuneaton. I've lived there for about 3 years in my past and my grandparents live there so I guess I could drive around a couple of times there but I feel that its not as busy as Coventry and also the roads aren't as difficult as it is in Coventry. Next test in 16th January at 1.33pm.
roundabouts suck on a test!!! you get all sorts of faults from them it's unbelivable!!
I'm sorry to hear :frown:
Reply 22
Multiplexed
You need to spend a night camped out in roundabouts.

Ha, what a joker, lovin that comment :biggrin:
Reply 23
I failed my 5th (5th!!!!!) test today, on something even my instructor said was a bit debatable. I just want to pass the damn test!!!!!
*soph*
I failed my 5th (5th!!!!!) test today, on something even my instructor said was a bit debatable. I just want to pass the damn test!!!!!

Don't worry, if it's any consolation, my mum has took 7 tests and failed all of them. Her aim is to pass before her friend who has failed 13 times and still not passed, ahah.
Reply 25
*soph*

I'm wid u soph, we'll pass together someday :biggrin:
Reply 26
*soph*

:frown: :hugs: Hard luck. It'll make it even sweeter when you do pass though! Out of interest, what was it you failed on?
hey it took me three times to pass so dont feel to bad. I made stupid mistakes too. For my second test it was the same sa your 1st but at a set of traffic lights- had to brake hard! never mind you will get there in the end i promise and when you pass after a few tests it feel great- better then i imagine it feels passing 1st time ! just keep your chin up and keep practising! :smile:
Reply 28
elyse180887
hey it took me three times to pass so dont feel to bad. I made stupid mistakes too. For my second test it was the same sa your 1st but at a set of traffic lights- had to brake hard! never mind you will get there in the end i promise and when you pass after a few tests it feel great- better then i imagine it feels passing 1st time ! just keep your chin up and keep practising! :smile:

Acesome, thing is with my next test it will be in Nuneaton instead of Coventry where i took it twice and failed. Also I'll be using my own car, 2001 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec instead of my instructor's 2004 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.6 Turbo Dieasal so that means I have to practise the roads with mum and also practise maneuvores in my car. The good thing is that there is definately no bay parking at that test centre simply because there are no bays :p: so thats all good. Incidently did you use your own car or the instructors when you passed and also was it at the same test centre?
Reply 29
I just failed my driving test :frown: . For the most annoying thing....speeding!!! im gutted. 45mph on a 40 limit, but i was so careful about speed and always dropped back down when too fast. I got 10 minors which is a fair few but i wudda past if it wern't for that :mad:

.....gutted
Reply 30
Guys, i failed my test today, i feel terrible now thats the 3rd time i've failed and my confidence levels have just dropped so low. Got another one booked at nuneaton again beginning of next month, i'm so depressed right now :frown:
Reply 31
Sorry to hear that, apparantly quite a few people eventualy get so little confidence they don't bother trying and because of this they are relaxed and end up passing.

I know of people who have had 8 tests before they have passed. It must be very frustrating though.
Reply 32
They said that i drove too quickly and when i came to junctions, i wasn't slowing down enough. They also said i kept hitting things before finally pushing hard on the brakes, basically i'm braking too late. I'm really awful at roundabouts because i never know when to go, when i end up going its dangerous but if i don't go the examiner says 'are we going to go or not' its extremely intimidating.
Reply 33
How many lessons have you had? This kind of thing comes with practise, personaly if you're still doing this now I don't think there is much point on having another test until you have more practise. Smooth breaking is a fairly basic driving technique but you need practise to aquire this skill.

It sounds like you may have made the common mistake and rushed into the test.

Are you breaking too late when you have lessons?
Reply 34
I've had about 28 1 hour lessons but i've stopped lessons with my instructor a while ago now, i just practise in my car with mum. I think its just bad habits i'm getting by braking late, i can fix on this, just keep practising and not rushing. I've always had problems with roundabouts but all i can do is keep practising them.
Reply 35
28 hours is not much at all really, you do really need to sort out that breaking before the next test. Roundabouts can be a pain especialy the big ones, I can totaly understand that.
Reply 36
superstardj4eva
I've had about 28 1 hour lessons but i've stopped lessons with my instructor a while ago now, i just practise in my car with mum. I think its just bad habits i'm getting by braking late, i can fix on this, just keep practising and not rushing. I've always had problems with roundabouts but all i can do is keep practising them.

Roundabouts are really something you need to be able to get to grips with before doing the test. Maybe go back to the instructor for a few top up lessons? If you're getting into bad habits before your test best to get rid of them asap.
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this right but...you keep hitting things before pressing the brake??? Hitting people? Kerbs? I'm confused! :confused:

I understand what you mean though about the speed coming to junctions, as I'm the same. On my test I drove the car exactly as I do with my instructor, having the same approach speed and everything, but the examiner said I was going way too fast! Maybe my instructor is a speed freak :rolleyes: or maybe he knows I am a safe driver so isn't worried. The examiner doesn't know me and therefore classed me as a dangerous driver!

When I have my next test I am going to be extra careful to slow down much quicker, because it also gives the advantage of allowing you more time to think about what you are doing and you have more control over the car.

Hope you pass sometime soon!
Reply 38
No i don't mean hitting cars, kerbs. What the examiner meant was that i kept coming to things too late before applying the brake heavily. :P
Oooooo, ok!

Latest

Trending

Trending