The Student Room Group

How to get dog wee smell out of clothes?

Dog wee'd on a pile of clothes I left in the corner. I washed them and they still smell quite strongly of it, especially the jeans. What else can I do to get it out? Can't really afford new clothes, so don't want to throw them away if possible.

Anon because I have friends on here, and I don't really want them to know this, cause its quite rank tbh. NOT Because I'm a troll. I know every single anonymous thread gets some sort of "troll" related response, but this is actually serious, actually happened, and I would like some actual help. People who want to call me a troll can **** right off.
Wash them again? Use more liquid/powder or possibly put it on a higher temperature. I always have dog wee on my clothes and usually wash them on 40 with the reccomended amount of liquid, and I've never noticed a smell afterwards.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Dog wee'd on a pile of clothes I left in the corner. I washed them and they still smell quite strongly of it, especially the jeans. What else can I do to get it out? Can't really afford new clothes, so don't want to throw them away if possible.

Anon because I have friends on here, and I don't really want them to know this, cause its quite rank tbh. NOT Because I'm a troll. I know every single anonymous thread gets some sort of "troll" related response, but this is actually serious, actually happened, and I would like some actual help. People who want to call me a troll can **** right off.

Febreeze for washing fabrics you can't wash!
Reply 4
Wash with biological washing powder.
This is not really for 'health'
Wash them again on a high temperature and if that doesn't work then soak them in a mix of hot water, white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. killer mix for cleaning and should eliminate any smells.

I'm currently trying it on my carpet after a foster dog who decided to secretly pee in my spare room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending