The Student Room Group

16 hours a week for an A2 student?

WORK AS IN A JOB***

is it too much or is it ok? i personally wouldn't work but my circumstance have pushed me into getting one.

i am doing january re-takes - 2 of them
i am also predicated to get A*AAB

what should I do?
Should be easy but dont compromise your study for it.

If your school timetable allows it and it wont mean late nights, why not.
Reply 2
I do a minimum of 12 contract hours, but I usually end up doing 16-20. It's hard work doing both, but it's do-able. I work 4.30-8.30 shifts during the week normally, so it's not too bad as I have the rest of the evening free. Just make sure that you've got time off during the actual exam period, I work for Sainsbury's and they've allowed me to have a whole 2 weeks holiday during the exam period.
if you're organised it will be fine. although might be a bit **** just before exams etc.

if you end up falling behind with work, quit your job or reduce the hours. a'levels are more important
I work 18 hours a week and it doesn't seem to be affecting me in the slightest. My shifts are on the weekend though, but its a hard job. Its actually been said that having a job can enhance your motivation and comittment to studies, maybe because you realise you don't want to spend the rest of your life in that job lol.

Quick Reply

Latest