The Student Room Group

Commited a crime today.

Basically I was walking back to my flat from uni and came to some police tape. The way it was positioned meant that I thought it had merely been put there for convenience sakes--tied to the best thing nearby to tie something onto which happened to be a shop. I thought that as a result the pavement onwards was ok to walk on, particularly as I didn't notice any police tape in the distance. I walked on for a bit until I came to a police officer and asked him if I was meant to go the other way. As can be expected he had a go at me and later told me I was very lucky not to have been arrested.
This has all had an effect on me somewhat. I regard the law as broadly sacrosanct and really don't like breaking it. I also want a career in which I can serve my country. Can anyone give me an idea how serious an offence like this is as I cannot find an answer on the internet. The opinions of those who are policemen/special constables in their spare time would be particularly helpful.

I am also very absent-minded if that helps.
Reply 1
Original post by Rob1000
Basically I was walking back to my flat from uni and came to some police tape. The way it was positioned meant that I thought it had merely been put there for convenience sakes--tied to the best thing nearby to tie something onto which happened to be a shop. I thought that as a result the pavement onwards was ok to walk on, particularly as I didn't notice any police tape in the distance. I walked on for a bit until I came to a police officer and asked him if I was meant to go the other way. As can be expected he had a go at me and later told me I was very lucky not to have been arrested.
This has all had an effect on me somewhat. I regard the law as broadly sacrosanct and really don't like breaking it. I also want a career in which I can serve my country. Can anyone give me an idea how serious an offence like this is as I cannot find an answer on the internet. The opinions of those who are policemen/special constables in their spare time would be particularly helpful.

Fml. Unless he actually cautioned you, no-one is going to care. In fact, it wouldn't even matter if he did caution you.
I did too today, I cycled on a pavement :O
Reply 3
Definitely life imprisonment. Better hope they don't bring back the death penalty any time soon.
Original post by Tuppenny
Fml. Unless he actually cautioned you, no-one is going to care. In fact, it wouldn't even matter if he did caution you.

THIS:rolleyes:
Dont worry about it. Really. You have nothing to worry about.
Reply 5
You are a pure dweeb, in every sense of the word.
Me to, i stabbed an old woman for daring to suggest i give up my seat... My grandad was pretty shocked but my grandma deserved it.
Reply 7
You badass!!! 10 years imprisonment!
I think they'll bring back capital punishment in this case, soz mate
Reply 9
Original post by Rob1000

If there are no answers on the internet, then either it's a crime that has never been committed before, or, as is more likely with cases like this, there is no punishment or sentence involved.

However, the police were at fault for not setting up the crime scene tape properly. Surely there is some kind of pole for them to attach to the ground for attaching the crime scene tape to for eventualities like this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending