The Student Room Group

Uni @ 35??

I am thinking of going to University to basically start over, 100's of miles away from where I am now. I hope to do a Film Making course. So basically I will be 38 when I finish.

I kinda feel it is too late though. But I need a fresh start.....meet new people, new life etc.

Thoughts people??

Thanks for reading!!

Scroll to see replies

You are never too old for University, and you won't be alone either!

Plenty of people start university in their 30s and even 40s!

It's a wonderful place for a fresh start, totally go for it :smile:
Reply 2
Its never too late. Go for it :smile:
Reply 3
Loads of mature students at my uni. I lived with a guy who was 27 in my halls. Everyone else was 18 - 20.
Definitely not to old to go to uni.
If your thinking of doing a film course check out Staffordshire university - really awesome film courses. Im a third year their now.
Reply 4
definitely do it. its never too late for uni. go for it.
Reply 5
There's never anything wrong with giving something a shot, if you do it and you don't like it, then you can quit etc, but you should make sure you go for it. If you don't, you may regret the decision.
Reply 6
Do it!

It's rare I give definitive advice but there is no such thing as too old. At worst you will gain a better education. At best, and most probably, it will change your life :biggrin:.
There's a 40 year old on my course and everyone calls him grandad.
Reply 8
Likewise other posts , its NEVER too late for Uni and guess what , some say life begins at 40 , so you ll still be left with a couple more years to begin yours , go for it !
Nothing wrong with that.
Go to Uni im sure you'll enjoy it.
Reply 10
Original post by thedepressedchild
There's a 40 year old on my course and everyone calls him grandad.

Ha. I would not like that. Though I remember how immature I was back then.

Part of me really can't wait to do this......I do have an advantage of being more relaxed and chilled out about life.

Question is would I get away with pulling 18 year old's :colondollar:
It's never too late to get a degree! Do what's best for you; it's better to regret what you did than what you didn't.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 12
While your at it dont go around and start picking gals of your daughter's age. And yes you are never too old to learn. Give it a shot and do your best. And yes I will be one of them in your first film's premium show :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by bluewater69

Question is would I get away with pulling 18 year old's :colondollar:

naa , you dont wanna go for U21 ...
Go for it! :smile:
Go for it.
Reply 16
Original post by Knugs
naa , you dont wanna go for U21 ...

Yeh you are soooo right.
More importantly, TSR at 35?! :lolwut:
Reply 18
Original post by RamocitoMorales
More importantly, TSR at 35?! :lolwut:

41 here - this is the STUDENT room, you want the IDIOT room, it is two doors down.

OP get in before the tuition fee rise shafts you.
Reply 19
Original post by Joinedup
41 here - this is the STUDENT room, you want the IDIOT room, it is two doors down.

OP get in before the tuition fee rise shafts you.

That doesn't phase me to be honest. I would never be able to pay it back in my working life as it standards currently. It's a small price to pay for a new life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending