Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How lenient are RH?

Scroll to see replies

man since when did working for the big4 suddenly become so good? :frown:

start salary at PWC the highest paying is 29k

start at RBS FO is 65k or 55+10 whatever way you want to put it.

Mathematics major -> Big4 is a bit of a waste imo. Although the RHUL are retty cool i guess, still it is hard to make a decision right now :frown:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
I was offered ABB for an MSci Physics course (F303)

I messed up and ended up with ACC, C in physics and Music, A in maths, but I now hold my unconditional offer for 2011 (deferred entry)
Reply 22
Do you reckon they'd accept A (Geology) B (Maths) C (Chemistry) for a BBB offer for Geology?
Original post by fibrebiz
Do you reckon they'd accept A (Geology) B (Maths) C (Chemistry) for a BBB offer for Geology?

UCAS points for geology at RHUL:

160 to 199 5%
200 to 239 5%
240 to 279 25%
280 to 319 25%
320 to 359 10%
360 to 399 10%
400 to 439 15%
440 to 479 5%
480 to 519
520 to 559 5%

ABC is 300, so it appears over half get in with 300 or less.
Reply 24
Wow. Where did you find those stats?

That's some reassurance.
Original post by fibrebiz
Wow. Where did you find those stats?

That's some reassurance.

http://unistats.direct.gov.uk

I actually based my choices last year almost entirely on the data available there (ignoring the official 'entry requirements' page of unis).
Anyone know how leniant criminology and sociology is???
Original post by Neelambri
Anyone know how leniant criminology and sociology is???

I'm not entirely sure but in general RH as a whole is pretty lenient so don't worry about missing your offer by one grade.
Original post by Feartheunknown
I'm not entirely sure but in general RH as a whole is pretty lenient so don't worry about missing your offer by one grade.

Even now royal holloway is more popular?
Even now royal holloway is more popular?

What do you mean by more popular exactly?
Reply 30
99% sure i've seen the person who made the post about the £40000 donation or what not elsewhere before, concerning a different uni. Don't take my word for it but I wouldn't believe it/let it get to you
What do you mean by more popular exactly?

I've read that RH's reputation has increased and because uni has become more compeitive they will be less lenient?
I've read that RH's reputation has increased and because uni has become more compeitive they will be less lenient?

Hmmm not too sure about that. I go to RHUL and I know that last years applications were really low, it was in clearing for quiet a bit of the courses. I think they'll still be lenient because to be honest with you most people have it down as their insurance offer not their firm. Also the reputation has pretty much stayed the same if not dropped (in terms of world rankings anyway) it was 88th in the world now it's like 120-something. Also, their offers haven't changed for the last 2 years so it mustn't be too competitive and so they need to fill up places. They told me on my interview we never accept people with Cs and when I started my course there were so many people with grades lower than those needed.
Hmmm not too sure about that. I go to RHUL and I know that last years applications were really low, it was in clearing for quiet a bit of the courses. I think they'll still be lenient because to be honest with you most people have it down as their insurance offer not their firm. Also the reputation has pretty much stayed the same if not dropped (in terms of world rankings anyway) it was 88th in the world now it's like 120-something. Also, their offers haven't changed for the last 2 years so it mustn't be too competitive and so they need to fill up places. They told me on my interview we never accept people with Cs and when I started my course there were so many people with grades lower than those needed.

Thank you! You have made me feel so much better but i know i should still be prepared for the worst incase i dont make ABB for criminology i have no idea how popular the course is! What do you study?

:smile:
Thank you! You have made me feel so much better but i know i should still be prepared for the worst incase i dont make ABB for criminology i have no idea how popular the course is! What do you study?

:smile:

You're welcome. I'm studying in the Biosciences department and we needed ABB but lots of people got in with less. I don't think criminology is very over subscribed; I haven't met anyone studying that course here lol
You're welcome. I'm studying in the Biosciences department and we needed ABB but lots of people got in with less. I don't think criminology is very over subscribed; I haven't met anyone studying that course here lol

Haha yeah guess its quite a random course :P and I think I need to stop panicking in my mInd ifeel like I'm going to get 3Cs or something :/ bur rhanks for your help!
Hi, just to reassure a friend, what about the History department, and if RH is their insurance?
Reply 37
Original post by HotfireLegend
Hi, just to reassure a friend, what about the History department, and if RH is their insurance?

Am I the only one who thinks that question was badly written?
Translation: Is the History department at RH any good?
I don't really know what the question was in the last bit "and if RH is their insurance".

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my U20i
Original post by gm15
Am I the only one who thinks that question was badly written?
Translation: Is the History department at RH any good?
I don't really know what the question was in the last bit "and if RH is their insurance".

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my U20i

In the context of the topic, how lenient is Royal Holloway's History department if my friend doesn't get the grades, and taking that they are their insurance into account?

That better?
Reply 39
Original post by HotfireLegend
In the context of the topic, how lenient is Royal Holloway's History department if my friend doesn't get the grades, and taking that they are their insurance into account?

That better?

Ok to be fair :when i read your post i actually forgot which thread i was in....so your first post didn't make that much sense to me.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending