Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NGDP

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    I was under the impression it's specific as they're all completely individual
    Unless it has changed from last year you rank regions rather than councils - since not all councils will have yet decided whether to participate in the scheme this year.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My regional preferences will be London, then the North West, then Yorkshire. That's assuming that we'll be able to choose three, as I have with other graduate schemes, and if I even get far enough to select preferences in the first place!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new to this thread, had a telephone call today saying I've made it through to 2nd stage and to confirm my email address (apparently been a problem sending emails to it). Does anyone know if there's anywhere we can log on and look at our application or our progress? I can't see anywhere on the website.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing like that as far as I know...I'm guessing everything will be done via phone/email. I've had no more information regarding AC though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cheers I'm getting a tad worried, because I've still not received any emails yet even though I confirmed my email address yesterday and again today. I've sent an email to the address on the contact us part of the website and given them an alternative email address they can use to contact me (I don't want to keep phoning them in case they get annoyed!), so hopefully I'll get my emails soon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them on that address and got a reply within 24 hours so I'm sure you'll be fine with that. I'm sure you'll see on here when people next get information, I imagine it'll be a bit of time yet!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last year we were able to choose 3 regional preferences. It purely depends on competition and which councils are participating. There is no section on the website to look at your application...there was last year. I'd phone them really...they should expect phone calls for a Grad Scheme. I know deferrals go straight to the interview stage anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting on details of locations/dates for ACs?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphrodite007)
    Anyone else still waiting on details of locations/dates for ACs?
    Yep. Haven't heard anything since the email saying I'd got through to the next round.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    A good taste of local government before we get stuck in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruckBear)
    Yep. Haven't heard anything since the email saying I'd got through to the next round.
    Same, not sure whether to e-mail them or not..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was sent information about the assessment centres about half an hour ago. We have to book ourselves into times and dates and it's first come first serve, so I would suggest doing it as soon as possible.

Does anybody have any information regarding the written exercise?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same. No idea, 2 hours is bloody long though so I'm guessing it's quite a detailed/large exercise. Plan a strategy of some sort...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it only the written exercise then? The e-mail only mentioned the exercise as a specific task we have to do on the day, but then further down it talked about special requirements for interviews?

I'm tempted to leave the third location choice blank tbh. I can only really get to Manchester around that time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Is it only the written exercise then? The e-mail only mentioned the exercise as a specific task we have to do on the day, but then further down it talked about special requirements for interviews?

I'm tempted to leave the third location choice blank tbh. I can only really get to Manchester around that time.
    Good point! I'm going to ask.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I finally got my email after 4 phone calls

Does anyone have any idea if the second part of the assessment centre is an interview? Or is that the next stage after the AC?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura130490)
    Ooo I finally got my email after 4 phone calls

Does anyone have any idea if the second part of the assessment centre is an interview? Or is that the next stage after the AC?
    The way I see it is that this first stage will be a report. If successful, stage 2 will be a more traditional AC process including interviews, that will then be followed by LA interviews.

But who knows.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im surprised its been put into 2 stages. Last time round it was just one day of Assessment Centres. We did also have information days which were...informative.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does seem pretty strange this year. No info session (as of yet) and certainly no phone interview...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormstar)
    Im surprised its been put into 2 stages. Last time round it was just one day of Assessment Centres. We did also have information days which were...informative.
    Did you do a two hour written test which you could possibly tell us about?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2014
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.