The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thanks, NGDP
Original post by a.a.a
Hey

I applied for the Essex scheme but not too keen on it, the Hertfordshire scheme; also shortlisted for interview - really good grad scheme, opportunities are great and interview was very relaxed regardless of the numerous questions thrown at me. I was advised that there were 254 applications, shortlisted to 51 for first round interviews and shall be cut again for 12 for the 2 days intensive assessment centre (its very intense as one of my friends have advised of their gruelsome testing!) and then they finally choose 4 and not 5 as publicised, possibly due to cuts in funding.

Regarding NGDP, I think this shall also be intensive, I have heard there expecting in the region of 4,000-5,000 applications, so I wouldn't expect a reply any time soon, in either case of being cutting it through to the telephone interview stage or not.

Keep me updated all on your experiences :smile:

Regards

Got a call today from Hertfordshire saying I'm through to the AC stage. Still nothing from Essex though. You heard anything yet?
Reply 22
Hey

Yes, I also received a voicemail this morning noting I am through to the AC which shall take place between 28 Feb - 1 March; this is the one I shall be focusing on the most!! At the same time I got an update from Deloitte (Corporate Tax route) that I have made it through to the AC/final interview stage.

Not heard anything back from Essex as yet.

The NGDP have started to shortlist for telephone interview stage, so am hoping to get an update from them soon.
How strange, I haven't heard a peep yet. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by the curious panda
How strange, I haven't heard a peep yet. :frown:

Hey, same here, the NGDP take their time in reply but I have been informed that they have been contacting all potential shortlists for telephone interview since last Mon!
Reply 25
Do the NGDP e-mail or notify unsuccessful applicants?
Original post by a.a.a
Hey, same here, the NGDP take their time in reply but I have been informed that they have been contacting all potential shortlists for telephone interview since last Mon!

Ah - got an email saying they'd like a phone interview with me just yesterday. So yes, they're very slowly working through them all, it seems. :smile:
Reply 27
Ah - got an email saying they'd like a phone interview with me just yesterday. So yes, they're very slowly working through them all, it seems. :smile:

Hey

Thanks for the update. Another post mentioned maybe they are working through applications alphabetically in contacting potentials - this is going to sound strange but what's the first initial of your surname if you dont mind sharing :smile:
Original post by a.a.a
Hey

Thanks for the update. Another post mentioned maybe they are working through applications alphabetically in contacting potentials - this is going to sound strange but what's the first initial of your surname if you dont mind sharing :smile:

Well ... I hope that's not the case, because my surname starts with a C! :s-smilie:
Reply 29
Well ... I hope that's not the case, because my surname starts with a C! :s-smilie:

I meant for initial shortlisting! If this theory is correct then I have some hope, as my surname is an 'L'.

Good luck with your telephone interview:smile:
Reply 30
surname A.. bum
They say no news is good news but I'm starting to think otherwise! Is the surname theory working out? Anyone with surnames beginning with letters at the end of the alphabet heard yet? Good luck to those with interviews.
Reply 32
I rang the number yesterday and spoke to a really nice girl who told me that my application was still being processed. My surname is in the first 1/4 of the alphabet, so don't give up hope. Maybe they aren't doing it alphabetically, but by when you submitted?

If you are concerned, ring the helpline number as they can check the status of your application. Don't bother emailing as I messaged them early last week, and still haven't heard back (and don't really expect to now).
Thanks for that. I emailed yesterday so will wait a couple of days before I call. I'm at the very beginning at the alphabet but didn't submit my application until the end of December. I was just getting anxious because others have said they've been contacted over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll hear soon.
I was wondering if anyone has received news in the last fews days that they have a phone interview? If not, perhaps those of us that haven't heard are now unsuccessful. Anyone else out there waiting?
I'm still waiting, but my application was submitted on deadline and my surname is in the second half of the alphabet, so I'm remaining calm for the moment.
I wish they had updates on the website, or even via email, saying when we should expect to hear by. Judging by previous years, successful emails have been sent out by now. Fingers crossed...
I don't think I'd worry too much - they just get a lot of applicants! Fingers crossed anyway. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
I definitely wouldn't sweat it. The timeline on the website says telephone interviews will be conducted throughout January and February, and we still have over a fortnight before the end of the month. There has been a record number of applications for practically every graduate scheme this year, so consider that as well. I know it's frustrating, but just try to remain calm.
If you are very worried, then please consider ringing the number as you can get an answer on the status of your application there and then :smile:
Thanks for the reassurance! I've had a few recent rejections from other schemes which have made me expect the worst, but I'll try and be patient. It does take a long time to process applications, especially when they don't cut numbers through tests first. I hope things have been going okay for everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending