The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I haven't heard anything from Ami either. Although I did get a contract through from the LA itself that I sent back weeks ago- nothing after that though. Presumably everyone is starting mid/late September?
I've been contacted by Surrey - with a start date of 15th October. I'll hopefully be receiving a contract through soon, and I know my references are being checked.

I haven't heard from NGDP other than about expenses. Hopefully we'll have some news soon. If the national induction is a whole weekend away they probably won't leave it too long before letting us know.

Has anyone started a facebook page/group so we can share info?
I have been given a start date of the 22nd October (the same week as the national induction) but have not received my contract yet.
Reply 583
I'm starting with Nottingham on 10th September. Not had a contract yet but I've gone through all the HR stuff that they gave me to do. See you all at induction!
Reply 584
Hi everyone. Well done for making it through! I've been given a start date of 17th Sept with a 'familiarisation day' on the 6th Sept to meet the team and town clerk etc. My references have been checked, my contract is being drawn up. They will be sending me 'recruitment procedure' forms this week to fill out.

I'm curious to know what happens at the national induction! Ami is out of office until Monday so maybe we will hear something after that. :smile:
Is anyone having to re-locate? If so, how is it going looking for a place to live?
Reply 586
Hi everyone, I haven’t been sent a contract yet but I’ve spoken to the grad coordinator regarding my first placement. Have any of you been given any information about the induction? What sort of things will it involve? I’m intrigued! Excited to meet you all!
Has anyone spoken to Ami recently? I don't want to pester them as I know they're so busy, but I would really appreciate some info about the induction and things. I haven't missed an email last week have I? As it was suggested we might get some info last week as Ami was back in the office....

In terms of relocating, I'm moving closer to Surrey council, but still in London hopefully. I'll be using the spareroom website to find a flat share. I'm hoping it won't be too much hassle.

Alice.
I was hoping to here more from the authority to be fair.

I still dont have my contract. The last time I spoke to the co-ordinator she said she was just drawing it up and was going to get it signed off and sent out but that was two weeks ago.

I feel really impatient because I dont start until the 22nd October but I really want something in writing.
Reply 589
I'm meant to be starting in less than 4 weeks and still don't have a contract! This scheme is great but I wish the whole recruitment procedure had been more structured from the start. I do hope they give info about the induction soon, at least some dates would be helpful.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tsr2012
I'm meant to be starting in less than 4 weeks and still don't have a contract! This scheme is great but I wish the whole recruitment procedure had been more structured from the start. I do hope they give info about the induction soon, at least some dates would be helpful.

Do you have to give notice at a current job? That is really cutting it fine. I spoke to the co-ordinator at my authority yesterday and my contract is still being signed off.

This really is a waiting game.
Reply 591
Original post by newgirl2012
Do you have to give notice at a current job? That is really cutting it fine. I spoke to the co-ordinator at my authority yesterday and my contract is still being signed off.

This really is a waiting game.

Luckily I don't have an issue with giving notice but would be concerned for someone who did have to. My co-ordinator emailed me 2 weeks ago that she would be off until the end of the month and directed me towards her colleague who was meant to be handling my recruitment process in the meantime. I was told by this member of staff over 2 weeks ago that some important forms would be sent out to me. I have received nothing so emailed her today only to receive an out-of-office reply until the end of the month!

Fingers crossed things will be better once we all start! :s-smilie:
Reply 592
Hello Everyone!

Would any of you be interested in creating a facebook group for all those who got onto NGDP 2012?

I think it would be a great idea to share tips, information and get to know a few other people before the national induction?

What do you think?

(Other suggestions welcome)

- Sarah
Original post by starlock
Hello Everyone!

Would any of you be interested in creating a facebook group for all those who got onto NGDP 2012?

I think it would be a great idea to share tips, information and get to know a few other people before the national induction?

What do you think?

- Sarah

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :smile:. Since it's your idea do you want to make it?
Reply 594
Hello Everyone!

What do you think?

- Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Yep great idea, was thinking about this the other day! As HighestKungFu says do you want to go ahead and make it?
Look forward to sharing info on there :smile:
I'm happy to make a facebook page if we want to get the ball rolling. Are we cohort 14? Have you seen the other pages on facebook are arranged by Cohorts and the last is 13.
Reply 596
RE: NGDP Cohort 14 facebook

I have created a NGDP Cohort 14 Facebook group (Closed group- meaning anyone find the group and see who is a member but not what is posted in it- if you would prefer it to be a 'secret' group-meaning no one can find it- please say).

I thought it would a good place for people to post about how their placement is going, handy tips, interesting articles found, events going on and any local government news that might be of interest.
To find, search on facebook NGDP Cohort 14

- Sarah
RE: NGDP Cohort 14 facebook

I have created a NGDP Cohort 14 Facebook group (Closed group- meaning anyone find the group and see who is a member but not what is posted in it- if you would prefer it to be a 'secret' group-meaning no one can find it- please say).

I thought it would a good place for people to post about how their placement is going, handy tips, interesting articles found, events going on and any local government news that might be of interest.
To find, search on facebook NGDP Cohort 14

- Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Cohort 14 isn't showing up for me? Only 12 and 13 are.
Reply 598
Original post by HighestKungFu
Hi Sarah,

Cohort 14 isn't showing up for me? Only 12 and 13 are.

Hey same for me guys, Sarah could you post the link for it maybe?

Reply 599
Hey,

RE: Facebook Group

Sorry about any problems finding the group. I currently don't know why it is difficult to find. After a bit of research, I think it has something do with not having much activity/members. I have also changed the group settings to open (for now, as a closed but not secret group is obviously prefered)

Hopefully the link will help.

The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/463448013675235/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending