Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NGDP

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no news here, getting ridiculously worried now

Congratulations on the offer GardenHose! Interesting that you got a call as well as an email - surely they're not calling every person on the programme?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my response yesterday - good news thankfully! I think they are actually calling everyone - I got a voicemail saying they had my results and to ring back. Email sent after you've spoken to the NGDP people. So keep your phone handy!

Only two working days to decide which council you want (if you get multiple offers), not long at all really, for such a big decision!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay - so not long to make a choice! And congratulations on the offer!

Starting to think that no news may be bad news afterall Do you mind me asking which council made you an offer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't start to worry yet! There must be a lot of candidates to get through. They rang very end of the day yesterday, so it's obviously taking them a while - possibly the whole week. And if someone's the council's second choice, with such a short turn-around time, there's a pretty big chance they'll hear back as well end of this week/start of next.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard yet either. Maybe they are doing it by region.... Trying not to get too worried! Presumably they phone you either way so I doubt no news is bad news. It's just horrible having to wait! Congrats ppw123
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that I was unsuccessful at all of the councils I interviewed with Quite gutted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aww Rebecca1777 that's such a shame. There is still the talent pool though. One of the NMT I met at an interview said a number of people from cohort15 got their place through the talent pool. I'm on the reserve list, so still waiting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was really upset. Yeah, I guess so, not holding out much hope for that though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rebecca1777;48427440]I have heard that I was unsuccessful at all of the councils I interviewed with Quite gutted.[/QUOTE

Don't give up hope apparently there's nearly the same amount of places as there are people, so you've still got a fairly good shot! I can't remember the exact stats, you could email and ask, but i remember them being very encouraging! The LGA has already decided you're good enough, so really they want someone to take you!

I also met two people at interview who'd got through via the talent pool. A lot of councils join the scheme late and use it. You may even get one of the councils you've interviewed at if someone else turns them down. I think it's taking longer than intended to sort everyone out - I only got the phone call this morning. I was so sure it was a 'no' given how long it had taken, but I got multiple yeses instead! If everyone gets 48 hours and some people get multiple offers, there's still a way to go before things get sorted. Best of luck!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.