The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Just found out I've made it to the next round. Very pleased after totally convincing myself I hadn't got it. If it helps anyone who hasn't heard yet they are planning to tell us which interviews we have week beginning 18th April, so I guess people should hear by then.

Good luck to everyone else x
Reply 161
I got the ambiguous email as well:

Thank you for attending.....we are currently considering your overall performance....final decisions will be communicated asap.

I guess they are communicating final decisions with those they are certain about and delaying those people who are in the midfield. I hope they tell us soon as I can't have another day of constant email checking!
Reply 162
I attended the Leeds assessment centre and also got the ambiguous email this evening...
Good luck all :smile:
Reply 163
Yeah I got the ambiguous email. Gave them a ring and the lady on the phone gave me the same sort of response. Too much ambiguity. This process is so nerve-wracking!
Also received the ambigious email - don't think it's looking good :-(
Reply 165
I think they will give us final decisions tomorrow. They are sorting out interviews for the 18th April which only gives them next week, so I can't see it being any later. Also, I don't think getting the ambiguous email is necessarily a bad sign, if they had already decided on a rejection I imagine they would have emailed us that.

Can't believe I've been waiting since the 22nd March to hear the decision though!
Reply 166
Well at the time of writing its 1.35...still no email. I will keenly refresh my emails in the sun today...
Reply 167
Still no reply for me either (17:00). I wonder if they are unsure of the number of places they can offer and that is holding things up....?
Reply 168
Looks like next week then...what can they possibly be reviewing :s-smilie:
Original post by catpink
Yeah we were in the same group! Hmm i think i did the best with the time we were given, could have done better with more time but hey! Good luck x

Hi Clare
Did you get through?
Reply 170
Anyone with the ambiguous email hear anything?
Reply 171
Original post by Pretzel85
Anyone with the ambiguous email hear anything?

Not yet!
Reply 172
No still waiting. Im tempted to ring them again...but I'm pretty sure I might be the caller they all probably bitch about.
Reply 173
Maybe tomorrow.....
I applied to this, and got through to the Assessment Centre (was due to attend the Leeds one) but didn't go as a got offered something else, but aside from being pleased I got offered the PhD that I did, I was also a little relieved because it had struck me that the whole scheme seems really disorganised, or at least quite badly administered, as this thread shows with people being unsure where they stand whilst others have heard and been accepted at every stage of the process.

For those of you that have applied to a few Grad Schemes, is this something you agreee with and do they seem worse organised than others? Or is it just a case of there being loads of applicants?

Good luck to all those who haven't heard yet, I really hope you do. Just wondered what people thought, espec as even though I'll now not be doing it , I have friends who are interested in applying next year (if any councils are doing it next year - have the said how many are doing it this year?)

Does anyone know what the numbers of applicants were at each stage?
Reply 175
I think the scheme is well run - my only criticism is that they don't keep you well informed during the process, the process itself is very well organised. I'm not sure why some have had responses and others haven't but if they had emailed a reason for this and an approximate date when we would hear from them I think that would have put my mind at ease.

As for numbers I seem to remember they said something like 2500 at the application stage, down to 200-250 by the assessment centres, with roughly 50 places. Not sure if they are running the programme next year however.....perhaps contact them to find out [email protected] or 0845 222 0250.
Just phoned, decision by the end of the week apparently.

The never ending story
I just called too...the lady advised that if your assessment centre was last week they will be sending out emails this afternoon. Lol, they must get millions of these calls!!
Reply 178
Same, I was told it would be this afternoon we will find out the nervous truth. Still at 17.20 writing this, no email. I reckon they stay in the office fairly late. I'm getting nervous writing this message to be honest.
I GOT THROUGH!!!!!!! OMG! Check your emails, mine came through at 21:42. So surprised - thought I did rubbish!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending