The Student Room Group

NGDP

Out of interest is anyone applying for the NGDP this year? Have you had any trouble with the website, I created an account but every time I try to login it says 'whoops an error has occured', and says the same when I try to make a new account.

I emailed them and they said they would look into it, just wondered if anyone else had the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is working fine with me, I am afraid! I have slowly started working on my application but only minor details. Will work on the actual competency questionnaire answers over the Christmas period (with help from a few people!). Out of interest, what regional areas are you thinking of applying to. And most importantly, good luck!
I'm applying for this. Is it me or does it seem far less popular than the Fast stream?

Still working on my form, it's quite a tough one but the answers will be a good indicator of our suitability I guess.
Reply 3
I know what you mean, I feel I will be lucky to get past the eTray process on fast stream but for some reason feel I am almost guaranteed something through the NGDP. I do realise I am wrong in thinking this
Reply 4
Oh bum! I can't get on, tried from loads of different computers and signing up with different email addresses. I agree it's going to be easier to be recommended for a place by NGDP but it's still going to come down to whether local authorities are taking on new people or not.
Reply 5
I have worked in both LG and CG, CG is more private sector ran
Reply 6
Original post by Next1988
I have worked in both LG and CG, CG is more private sector ran

I've worked in both too, what do you mean by private sector ran?
Reply 7
Original post by smellysocks
I've worked in both too, what do you mean by private sector ran?

CG has a more corporate feel to it than LG I personally feel.

How did you find it working in both?
Reply 8
Has anyone heard anything regarding their application?
Original post by worldmovies
Has anyone heard anything regarding their application?

Nope, not a peep since I sent off the original application in October.
Reply 10
From what I can tell administrative efficiency isn't their forte
Reply 11
I also have not heard anything yet, but I am glad I'm not the only one :smile:
Reply 12
Hey Guys

I completed my form earlier this month, apparently they tend to inform successful candidates towards the end of the month re telephone interviews (next stage) which take place in the first half of February.

Has anyone applied to the Essex Graduate Programme or Hertfordshire CC Management Programme?

Good luck

A
Original post by a.a.a
Hey Guys

I completed my form earlier this month, apparently they tend to inform successful candidates towards the end of the month re telephone interviews (next stage) which take place in the first half of February.

Has anyone applied to the Essex Graduate Programme or Hertfordshire CC Management Programme?

Good luck

A

What's the Essex graduate programme? THanks
Original post by a.a.a
Hey Guys

Good luck

A

I applied to both of them. Had an interview for Hertfordshire on Tuesday but haven't had anything back yet from Essex.

The Hertfordshire scheme in particular looks fantastic, but out of the 52 selected for interviews they only take 12 through to the Assessment Center.
Reply 15
Hey

I applied for the Essex scheme but not too keen on it, the Hertfordshire scheme; also shortlisted for interview - really good grad scheme, opportunities are great and interview was very relaxed regardless of the numerous questions thrown at me. I was advised that there were 254 applications, shortlisted to 51 for first round interviews and shall be cut again for 12 for the 2 days intensive assessment centre (its very intense as one of my friends have advised of their gruelsome testing!) and then they finally choose 4 and not 5 as publicised, possibly due to cuts in funding.

Regarding NGDP, I think this shall also be intensive, I have heard there expecting in the region of 4,000-5,000 applications, so I wouldn't expect a reply any time soon, in either case of being cutting it through to the telephone interview stage or not.

Keep me updated all on your experiences :smile:

Regards

Original post by Frostlancer
I applied to both of them. Had an interview for Hertfordshire on Tuesday but haven't had anything back yet from Essex.

The Hertfordshire scheme in particular looks fantastic, but out of the 52 selected for interviews they only take 12 through to the Assessment Center.
Reply 16
Hey

The Essex CC programme is a fast track management programme hence very similar to that of the NGDP and the scheme being offered by Hertfordshire CC.

Hope that helps!

Original post by fivebyfive
What's the Essex graduate programme? THanks
Reply 17
has anyone got called for interview????
Reply 18
I've just been invited to a telephone interview first one of all my public sector applications, should be interesting
Reply 19
Hey

Well done!

Is this for the NGDP or another post you have applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest