Audiology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HumanNature1992
Yep

Ooo, where are you applying too!? What did you get in your alevels? :biggrin:
Original post by Daisy12345
Ooo, where are you applying too!? What did you get in your alevels? :biggrin:

Haha erm, Manchester & UCL, and i'll probably leave it at that as I offers werent a problem :eek:

I got ABC but i'm retaking to get it a bit higher - gives me something to do during my gap year :P

What subjects do you do and what do you think your predicted grades will be?
Reply 42
Haha erm, Manchester & UCL, and i'll probably leave it at that as I offers werent a problem :eek:

I got ABC but i'm retaking to get it a bit higher - gives me something to do during my gap year :P

What subjects do you do and what do you think your predicted grades will be?

Oh yeah i see, did u have an interview with UCL last year if you applied?

I've been thinking about university choices and decided to go for UCL, Manchester, Aston, Swansea and De Monfort now.

I do chemistry, psychology and philsophy and ethics. My predicted grades are ABB, but i think i'm more likely to get BBB. The A's abit of a stretch. What subjects did you do? (:
Oh yeah i see, did u have an interview with UCL last year if you applied?

I've been thinking about university choices and decided to go for UCL, Manchester, Aston, Swansea and De Monfort now.

I do chemistry, psychology and philsophy and ethics. My predicted grades are ABB, but i think i'm more likely to get BBB. The A's abit of a stretch. What subjects did you do? (:

I did have an interview! and it went really well and I got an offer of BBB. I emailed them so luckily when I reapply I dont have to go for yet another interview.

Waheey! I do/did Biology, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics. Aaah but dont worry, you'll get the offer I got predicted AAC and got an offer so you'll be fine. I think all offers last year were BBB for UCL so get that and you'll be good. I didnt apply to Manchester last year but they've decreased their requirements from ABB to BBB or equivalent. Both unis are great and I have good friends at each so we'll see what happens :tongue:
Reply 44
I did have an interview! and it went really well and I got an offer of BBB. I emailed them so luckily when I reapply I dont have to go for yet another interview.

Waheey! I do/did Biology, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics. Aaah but dont worry, you'll get the offer I got predicted AAC and got an offer so you'll be fine. I think all offers last year were BBB for UCL so get that and you'll be good. I didnt apply to Manchester last year but they've decreased their requirements from ABB to BBB or equivalent. Both unis are great and I have good friends at each so we'll see what happens :tongue:

How was the interivew? What did they ask?

Aaa wow! Our subject choices sound similar! I dropped biology this year.
With did you get in your AS exams? if you dont mind me asking. I'm a keen individual ahaa.

Have you done any work experience in association with audiology aswell?

I know i saw the change on the manchester university website, i was well chuffed! :biggrin:
How was the interivew? What did they ask?

Aaa wow! Our subject choices sound similar! I dropped biology this year.
With did you get in your AS exams? if you dont mind me asking. I'm a keen individual ahaa.

Have you done any work experience in association with audiology aswell?

I know i saw the change on the manchester university website, i was well chuffed! :biggrin:

Interview was good, there were 2 people interviewing me for UCL and they were really friendly and kind. As long as you're not a complete social outcast you'll be fine:tongue:...most of it is down to presentation and YOU HAVE to make sure you're keen on the course so have some questions planned.

I did have work experience, I spent an evening at an Audiology section at hillingdon hospital - I was 17 at the time so couldnt see patients but it was interesting and deffo try and arrange some! For my AS I think I got BBCE lol.

Lets see if i can remember :tongue:..they asked the suspected questions like Why Audiology?, Why UCL? and they sortof ran through my PS, and asked some questions like how was my work experience, how do your subjects relate to Audiology(we do good ones that are easy to relate:tongue:) . They then asked me an odd question which was if you're sitting on a train and another train goes by, what causes the sensation you get. I had no clue lol but rambled on confidently about something, and then they gave me a graph and asked me to point out the soundwave by which we lose our hearing or something. Again I didnt really know but just took my time, but confidently gave an answer. With the graph question and the train thingy they dont expect you to know, they just expect you to not give up and say "I dont know" thats basically what the current students told us who we got to talk to before the interview. So my best advice is to prepare for questions like Why Audiology, Why UCL etc... those types of questions and just be confident and present yourself well and show interest !! :smile:

Hahah i was so happy too, its a great uni!
Reply 46
Interview was good, there were 2 people interviewing me for UCL and they were really friendly and kind. As long as you're not a complete social outcast you'll be fine:tongue:...most of it is down to presentation and YOU HAVE to make sure you're keen on the course so have some questions planned.

I did have work experience, I spent an evening at an Audiology section at hillingdon hospital - I was 17 at the time so couldnt see patients but it was interesting and deffo try and arrange some! For my AS I think I got BBCE lol.

Lets see if i can remember :tongue:..they asked the suspected questions like Why Audiology?, Why UCL? and they sortof ran through my PS, and asked some questions like how was my work experience, how do your subjects relate to Audiology(we do good ones that are easy to relate:tongue:) . They then asked me an odd question which was if you're sitting on a train and another train goes by, what causes the sensation you get. I had no clue lol but rambled on confidently about something, and then they gave me a graph and asked me to point out the soundwave by which we lose our hearing or something. Again I didnt really know but just took my time, but confidently gave an answer. With the graph question and the train thingy they dont expect you to know, they just expect you to not give up and say "I dont know" thats basically what the current students told us who we got to talk to before the interview. So my best advice is to prepare for questions like Why Audiology, Why UCL etc... those types of questions and just be confident and present yourself well and show interest !! :smile:

Hahah i was so happy too, its a great uni!

Aaa WOW! Thank you soo much, thats definately going to be a big help! Fingers crossed i get the grades im looking for and send my ucas off this week. :biggrin:

Yeah, im looking hard for work experience within the NHS, it would be a great help, but besides that i have also done a three day work experience placement at a private audiology section. Better than nothing i guess.

Yeah, i've been to manchester uni. Seemed like a uni i'd enjoy going too. :biggrin:

THank you for your help again!
Aaa WOW! Thank you soo much, thats definately going to be a big help! Fingers crossed i get the grades im looking for and send my ucas off this week. :biggrin:

Yeah, im looking hard for work experience within the NHS, it would be a great help, but besides that i have also done a three day work experience placement at a private audiology section. Better than nothing i guess.

Yeah, i've been to manchester uni. Seemed like a uni i'd enjoy going too. :biggrin:

THank you for your help again!

No worries, if you need any help in the future just let me know :smile:
Reply 48

Thanks alot, i really appreciate it!
Reply 49

i got an interview for manchester! thought i'd let you knw seeming your applying there too. have u heard anything?
i got an interview for manchester! thought i'd let you knw seeming your applying there too. have u heard anything?

Well done! When is it? Hope it all goes well. My tutor is sending it off very soon. When did you get yours sent to the unis?
Reply 51
Well done! When is it? Hope it all goes well. My tutor is sending it off very soon. When did you get yours sent to the unis?

Its in february, quite a while away. I'm really really nervous though, even though its far away. I sent my application last wednesday, and manchester is the first one ive heard back from. Just see how it goes i guess :l

Good luck with yours!
Reply 52
Original post by bob4
I know it is on their website but they told me that it was not confirmed.
I'm applying to Manchester, Leeds, Swansea, Southampton and either DMU or UCL i'm not sure which.

Have you heard anything back from any of your university's yet?
Reply 53
Have you heard anything back from any of your university's yet?

I haven't sent mine off yet. Still waiting for my school to send it.
Well done on getting an interview though. Is Manchester where you are hoping to go?
Reply 54
Original post by bob4
I haven't sent mine off yet. Still waiting for my school to send it.
Well done on getting an interview though. Is Manchester where you are hoping to go?

Oh right. Good luck though! Yeah, i would love to go to manchester, if i get an offer it'll most definately by my first choice.

I've also just had a letter from swansea inviting me for an interview. So nervous :confused:
Its in february, quite a while away. I'm really really nervous though, even though its far away. I sent my application last wednesday, and manchester is the first one ive heard back from. Just see how it goes i guess :l

Good luck with yours!

Omdzz... My interview for Audiology at Manchester is in December...:eek:
Reply 56
Original post by DarkSkyAngel
Omdzz... My interview for Audiology at Manchester is in December...:eek:

REALLY!? Good luck!
I know a friends cousin thats just had an interview at manchester this week. I havent had a chance to speak to them yet. :L
What are your predicted grades.... i wonder why mines is so late : L
Really nervous about the interview..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by DarkSkyAngel
Got predicted AAB. Really nervous about the interview..

Dont worry im sure you'll be fine.. good luck.
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest