Reading For Meaning A
Extended Essay And Shakespeare Study A
World War One Literature B
Government & Politics A 06/2010 AQA
The Politics Of The Usa A
The Government Of The Usa B
People, Politics and Participation B
Governing Modern Britain

I assumed that as I had an '3 A levels', I could put all the AS and A2 modules together under 'GCE Advanced Level'? Was this incorrect? Should I ring up UCAS?
If I was incorrect, they have made the system incredibly difficult for individual applicants without college help.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
No, I think that's what you're meant to do (except I didn't do that and just noted down my A2 modules for the A2 subjects). It doesn't matter too much.
Yeah thats wrong. Ring them.
Reply 3
"For your A level entries, you include the AS level modules as well as the A2 modules. Yes, I know it's hugely repetitive. I didn't design the system, I'm just trying to make sense of it. "
Original post by moonymeen
"For your A level entries, you include the AS level modules as well as the A2 modules. Yes, I know it's hugely repetitive. I didn't design the system, I'm just trying to make sense of it. "

2 different answers. I'm confused.

I did enter my AS modules part and parcel with my A2 ones.
Surely 'GCE Advanced Level' means the whole A level, meaning 3 A2 modules and 3 AS modules. I'm rather confused right now.
It doesn't help that the UCAS site is essentially pointless.
Reply 5
Oh so you do enter modules? I didn't think you had to, just your subjects and the overall grades...
Reply 6
Original post by AskMeAnything
2 different answers. I'm confused.

I did enter my AS modules part and parcel with my A2 ones.
Surely 'GCE Advanced Level' means the whole A level, meaning 3 A2 modules and 3 AS modules. I'm rather confused right now.

I just c/p'ed that from the thread that will inform you how to declare your AS/2 grades, so what you've done is correct.

Original post by tillytots
Oh so you do enter modules? I didn't think you had to, just your subjects and the overall grades...

It's not compulsory. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by moonymeen
I just c/p'ed that from the thread that will inform you how to declare your AS/2 grades, so what you've done is correct.

It's not compulsory. :smile:

It's not compulsory but I think in some ways it does look better - in my own opinion. Even though I'm showing that I got a D in a module, I'm being clear and open about it and not hiding it.
Thread Update; Rang UCAS, they said it should be fine, but to contact my universities just in case...

Basically, "Looks alright, but we dunno."

Nice helpful girl on the phone though.

Can anyone help me on this - what numbers do I ring for my universities admissions lines?
Reply 9
Original post by AskMeAnything
It's not compulsory but I think in some ways it does look better - in my own opinion. Even though I'm showing that I got a D in a module, I'm being clear and open about it and not hiding it.

Yeah, I've put my grades in the individual modules down, even if I got an E in one of my General Studies papers... :redface:

EDIT: Look on the websites of the universities and the course you wanna do. It will say there :smile: I had to ring up the Manchester admissions tutor.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
It can look quite good if you put it. Okay, one minute while I start to make sense...depending on the subject you may have done very well in certain modules and only average in others, the average grades will lower your overall grades. If you list your module grades they can see that you didn't get the same grade all the way through the A-Level.

Alternatively, for example, you get an A overall. You might've got an A in every module, if you show that they might think - oh, this kid looks good!

~ My opinion, I could be very wrong! It can't do no harm putting them in though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending