The Student Room Group

has anyone got onto a course with grades below the asking? If so how much less?

Hi,

Basically all explained in the title. I'm just curious how many people out there got into uni with grades below the asking grades and whats the most grades below the asking offer someone got into uni with. Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How bad did you do?
I am below the entry requirements, but not the grades.
Twice, coz I'm just difficult like that (see the sig) :awesome:
Original post by Kimbo99
Hi,

Basically all explained in the title. I'm just curious how many people out there got into uni with grades below the asking grades and whats the most grades below the asking offer someone got into uni with. Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing

I know of three people who did, but this was Lancaster who are noted for being somewhat more flexible than most.

I imagine it's very rare that a university would accept you if you fail your offer, though by all means try and get in...
I'm already at university, I'm at Nottingham uni and I'm two grades below the offer but sometimes I feel like I have the lowest grades in the entire uni so I was just curious if there was many other people in my position
Reply 6
260 points

200 points, through clearing
Reply 7
Manchester offered me AAB, I got in with ABBB.
Original post by Kimbo99
I'm already at university, I'm at Nottingham uni and I'm two grades below the offer but sometimes I feel like I have the lowest grades in the entire uni so I was just curious if there was many other people in my position

I often felt like that. The thing to remember is that they were under no obligation to take you in: they took you coz they wanted to. So it doesn't matter how much you might try to beat yourself up about it, or what other people may say about it :smile:
Reply 9
Sheffield ABC i got BCDE :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Kimbo99

what grades do you have? i really doubt u have worse than me
Missed out by a grade, was let in immediately.
Original post by .:Nat:.
Sheffield ABC i got BCDE :wink:

Jesus christ, you got in 3 grades below? What subject?
Reply 13
I got onto an ABB course with BBCC...to be fair each of my grades were insanely close (in terms of UMS) to the next grades up and I'd got straight A in all the A2 exams of the subject i wanted to study.
Reply 14
I'm pretty sure I did, can't remember for sure though because I applied post A level both times so didn't end up with offers of anything other than unconditional.
Reply 15
My friend was given a conditional offer where she needed an A...she got a C, but they still let her in - she did however have the ucas points through an extra A-level.
Reply 16
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Twice, coz I'm just difficult like that (see the sig) :awesome:

A 2.2 from Oxford though is wicked.
Reply 17
Original post by FTstudies
Jesus christ, you got in 3 grades below? What subject?

Music :colondollar: I have good ABRSM exam results though
Reply 18
I got waaaay below it, don't even know how i got in! LOL!
Reply 19
There are plenty of people who have gotten into high ranking universities without fully meeting entry requirements, however most of these people are students who applied 2-3 years ago when things were much easier. In today's competetive world people are getting rejected despite meeting the requirements

Quick Reply

Latest