The Student Room Group

Help! ASAP GCSE HISTORY: The American West.

Erm, we are doing some research in class and my group is supposed to be doing: The impact of the railroads on the Plains Indians. And unfortunately we cannot find any thing on it online. HELP please! Quick!!!

Thank you :smile:
It's called a library. :smile:
Reply 2
A lot of cattle started to become extinct because of people shooting cattle from the trains after the contruction of the railway. The Plains Indians relied on cattle to survive (they moved around with the cattle) and when they started to run out they had to incorporate themselves into normal American life?

I think it's something along the lines of this (I remember little from GCSE). I'm pretty sure I have my old books somewhere so I can have a look for you if you'd like :smile:
I seem to remember there being a lot in the textbook about that. Could be a good place to start....
Reply 4
Original post by mellie220
A lot of cattle started to become extinct because of people shooting cattle from the trains after the contruction of the railway. The Plains Indians relied on cattle to survive (they moved around with the cattle) and when they started to run out they had to incorporate themselves into normal American life?

I think it's something along the lines of this (I remember little from GCSE). I'm pretty sure I have my old books somewhere so I can have a look for you if you'd like :smile:

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It was actually very helpful! Yes, that would be very helpful...if you dont mind looking for them! :smile:

Thank you once again!
Reply 5
Original post by mikeyd85
It's called a library. :smile:

I'm in class using a laptop and we're supposed to a quick presentation. Anyway, its over now. Thanks for your contribution! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Comeheretellme
Thank you very much for your quick reply. It was actually very helpful! Yes, that would be very helpful...if you dont mind looking for them! :smile:

Thank you once again!

I will send you some information if I find any in a message later :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending