Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Teacher reference example

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, could some one post an reference letter from a teacher to a student? I've searched all over the Internet but all I managed to find was reference letters from employers.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be difficult for someone to post their own teacher reference letter? A lot of colleges/sixth forms don't actually allow students to view their references - my own doesn't, though I've coaxed my tutor into letting me read mine. If you are on good terms with your tutor try to ask to see your own - it's bound to be a much better read than a reference for a stranger?
    May I ask why you're curious to read one? ^^
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakucevicius)
    Hello, could some one post an reference letter from a teacher to a student? I've searched all over the Internet but all I managed to find was reference letters from employers.
    If you are looking for guidance about what your referee should include, look here.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakucevicius)
    I think these are good examples: http://www.aimhighernorthamptonshire...references.asp
    There's also a really good one with explanations as well as examples from Keele, I'm adding this as an attachment since the actual file isn't online anymore.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf ucasref.pdf (41.7 KB, 8408 views)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peregrinum)
    I think these are good examples: http://www.aimhighernorthamptonshire...references.asp
    There's also a really good one with explanations as well as examples from Keele, I'm adding this as an attachment since the actual file isn't online anymore.
    Those are extremely useful - many thanks for posting them
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're all welcome!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    A lot of colleges/sixth forms don't actually allow students to view their references - my own doesn't, though I've coaxed my tutor into letting me read mine.
    Well, according to the University of Exeter website:

"When writing a reference, [teachers should] remember that, under the Data Protection Act, any student can ask for a copy of the reference and any other personal information that we have about them."

Your school shouldn't be disallowing you to see your own references...!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2011
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.