The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by microfatcat
Welll I don't know what you're into or want/need, but here's my list. Not an actual list but just generally things I'd like.

-camera
-decent earphones for the gym
-laptop screen cleaner
-a new Parker pen since mine broke
-a Placido Domingo CD
-eyeshadow since I hardly have any
-a warm coat in a neutral colour
-some PJs
-money to go into an account to buy me a car in 5 years time :tongue:

now obviously I don't expect all this, but I know I have a camera, and may possibly get an eyeshadow set. This is kinda for my whole family too, I tell one person and it gets spread round what people want. I'd get stuff myself, but don't have much money so any money I do spend is always on stuff for other people.

Thanks for the ideas! I am hoping for a camera from my parents. Nothing too flashy, but my one I have is very old and the battery doesn't last.
Reply 41
Original post by RabbitCFH
Oh yeah, I've heard he's still a hottie.

:h:

Om nom nom...
Original post by Lazaroo
Any more ideas peeps? I am stuck stuck stuck! What are you guys hoping for for xmas?x

I want the new pokemon ranger game for my ds...
Reply 43
Original post by Lazaroo
I keep getting nagged about making a xmas list, but I seriously don't know what I want. I still have money left from my birthday in Oct, I just can't find anything to spend it on! Can anyone give me some inspiration?:smile:

There are children starving to death and you're worrying about what you want in terms of expensive presents?

Why don't you use the money and give it to Oxfam?
Reply 44
Money
Books
DVDs.

Err.. I don't know either!
Have you all forgotten the true meaning of christmas :angry:..dont get things for the sake of it people, give some to charity :borat:
Reply 46
Original post by Mally-xo
what about like a magazine subscription? I am asking for 6 months of MetalHammer (music mag) to be delieved right to my door :biggrin:
also asking for mittens, earmuffs, posters for my room, a few books, ipod cover and some wellie-boots!

You can't be that hot and still like metal. It CAN'T BE TRUE!
Reply 47
Original post by Lazaroo

Spa day is a really good idea. Quite dear I think, so I will ask for that as a joint present from OH and my sister. Be good to get pampered, I spend all day in a amb uniform and steel toe capped boots, so a bit of girlyness would be lovely :biggrin:

If you shop around they aren't too bad. I go to the spa at Alton Towers which is about £15 for half a day (pool, saunas, jacuzzi etc) then you can pay extra for treatments (about £30 for a body massage) which isn't 'too' bad...
I'm considering taking my mum for her birthday - nice girly day out! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Arekkusu
You can't be that hot and still like metal. It CAN'T BE TRUE!

what!? :eek: is it illegal to like metal!? I swear everyone seems to think that because I am blonde, I can't possibly like good music :tongue: are you a metal-fan?
Reply 49
what!? :eek: is it illegal to like metal!? I swear everyone seems to think that because I am blonde, I can't possibly like good music :tongue: are you a metal-fan?

Yeah, but I've been sadly moving away from it as no-one at uni seems to like it :/
Reply 50
Original post by Arekkusu
Yeah, but I've been sadly moving away from it as no-one at uni seems to like it :/

aww embrace your metal/rock-ness despite what others say :biggrin: most of my mates hate my music lol. I was hoping I would meet some more like-minded-music people at uni? isn't there like a rock society or anything? :tongue:
what bands do you like?
Hmm I am the sort of person who hates money and gift vouchers almost as much as it feels impersonal and easy etc, also I hate gifts being perishable so dont really like stuff like sprays.

I like trinkets and basic stuff, that being said if I was given some vouchers for somewhere to pamper myself that would be different than a normal gift voucher.

I like something useful like say my laptop broke and I didnt use it or had problems using it to find it fixed on Christmas or to be able to take it to a computer repair shop paid for by parents etc, or if I had a cold bedroom at home to get a electric heater etc.
Reply 52
aww embrace your metal/rock-ness despite what others say :biggrin: most of my mates hate my music lol. I was hoping I would meet some more like-minded-music people at uni? isn't there like a rock society or anything? :tongue:
what bands do you like?

There's a rock society, but it's a bit hit-and-miss. I like all the standard stuff really. Big fan of Rage, Rammstein, Skindred, that sort of crossover stuff. I'm going to see Skindred next year and it's like WOO! Not so keen on the oldie Maiden type stuff most other people seem to like. I like some post-hardcore type stuff too like Blue October and that because of the lyrics. Who do you like?
Reply 53
Original post by Teveth
There are children starving to death and you're worrying about what you want in terms of expensive presents?

Why don't you use the money and give it to Oxfam?

I give £5 a week to Cancer research, and £10 a month to Greyhound Rescue to help abused greyhounds. I'm not some cold hearted bitch. Also I am not worrying about expensive presents. I'm hardly talking about a car or anything. My boyfriend would like to buy me a gift for Christmas. Hardly unusual is it?
Original post by MetalheadA7X
Maybe you should save it, do something memorable with it.

And how old are you to have a xmas list? ****ing hell, I'm appreciative of anything I get for Christmas knowing how the recession ****ed up my parents wages.

Oh my **** there's no need to be like that. This is not being greedy. Some people just want to buy the people they care about a gift as a show of appreciation. It's an 'even if you say no they'll still get you something' kind of thing. No need to be so stuck up and self righteous, we get it, you've lived the rough life. Get over yourself.
Original post by thehollylogblog
Oh my **** there's no need to be like that. This is not being greedy. Some people just want to buy the people they care about a gift as a show of appreciation. It's an 'even if you say no they'll still get you something' kind of thing. No need to be so stuck up and self righteous, we get it, you've lived the rough life. Get over yourself.

Might want to check the date on this...5 year thread revival
Get the amazon echo iys feally fun, you can get the buttons and play games on it

Latest

Trending

Trending