The Student Room Group

Bmat results

Hey guys, I hope you all did well in your BMAT!

I was just wondering if anyone knows any cut-offs for Cambridge and RVC,
and what would be considered a good score?

Thanksss :smile:

xx
i got 6.4 7.1 and 10.5 and got rejected from RVC =(
Original post by tommygunsvet

The vet schools don't reject you based on one variable (eg; your exam results, your BMAT score, etc) they look at the whole picture. If you were rejected despite a average-decent BMAT score you should be looking elsewhere (eg; PS, work experience, interview, references, etc).

I know of large amounts of people who didn't achieve AAA or score highly in the BMAT yet still become vets. How? Why? Their application shone elsewhere.
Reply 4

That's really unlucky, but as above, must be something else that was the problem.
Personally I didn't do anywhere near as well in BMAT 4.9 4.6 and 3.5A but already got
A2s Bio A*, Sports A* and Chem A and 17 weeks work exp ongoing. So, I'm hoping that the BMAT isn't too much of a problem. :/
Reply 5

tom you got an interview went and then withdrew :confused:
I got an interview for cambridge long before BMAT results were out my college didn't use them an initial filter.
Reply 7
5.8, 5.4, 4A - not stunning, but respectable. I already have an interview date at Cambridge and RVC have as yet to acknowledge the existance of my application, so I'm not worrying too much about them. RVC are last choice anyway.

What I did like was the cambridge assessment teams graph of first year exam performance linked to BMAT. Apparently my chances of getting a first are less than 0.2, based on predictive measures.

I like to believe that a score below 2 indicates you would be at risk of leaving surgical implements inside cats, and that a perfect 9 means you are capable of eradicating bovine TB.
Reply 8
5.2, 4.4, 2c, fairly happy with first two but writing task was shocking, expecting rvc ejection soon :frown:
Reply 9
You had an interview at Bristol Conzola?

I got an e-mail confirming my application, and then nothing. Word used by Rhett Butler, D**n.
Reply 10
Original post by pirate_eye
You had an interview at Bristol Conzola?

I got an e-mail confirming my application, and then nothing. Word used by Rhett Butler, D**n.

Yea the first interview date. I wouldn't worry there's still about 5 or 6 left. Last year I didn't hear anything until Feb when I was invited for interview
Reply 11
Ahhh well i just got a rejection from Cambridge, so that's out the window LOL.

I'm guessing RVC look at 5 and over then?
Which is a shame, I justttt missed out on a 5 :frown:

xxx
Reply 12
Don't worry about your BMAT results- I applied to RVC 2 years ago and got awful BMAT results (i'm talking something like 3, 3, 10) and got an interview. But I messed up the interview so am are-applying. So don't give up hope! They don't have a cut-off score.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending