The Student Room Group

Help for a private candidate

Hello people, I'm in need of some help! Basically my situation is that I got Es in Geography and Biology at A level back in 2005 and I went to uni, got a 2:1 in biology then converted to law. Now I've been offered a contract with a firm IF I get As in those two A levels. The Geography is booked for June (easily sorted because of no coursework), but my problem is Biology.
Can anyone tell me how I go about sorting the coursework for biology? I've looked at AQA, ORC, and EDEX but all have to take assessed coursework and centres don't allow you to carry out practical work!

If anyone has had experience in this before then please let me know what to do, I will be eternally grateful!!!

Thank you.

Tom
Reply 1
Original post by TomOliver
Hello people, I'm in need of some help! Basically my situation is that I got Es in Geography and Biology at A level back in 2005 and I went to uni, got a 2:1 in biology then converted to law. Now I've been offered a contract with a firm IF I get As in those two A levels. The Geography is booked for June (easily sorted because of no coursework), but my problem is Biology.
Can anyone tell me how I go about sorting the coursework for biology? I've looked at AQA, ORC, and EDEX but all have to take assessed coursework and centres don't allow you to carry out practical work!

If anyone has had experience in this before then please let me know what to do, I will be eternally grateful!!!

Thank you.

Tom

Well, I have no experience when it comes to practical work but I was a private candidate for History which had assessd coursework. I'm pretty sure that the 'simple' thing you need to do is to find a centre which will allow you to carry out practical work :/ (a lot of hassle, I know)-- you could try phoning old colleges/schools? If you can't find any centres at all to carry out your practical work you could perhaps (try to) enrol on a Biology course at a college somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending