The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Course Grant... How long did you wait?

So, it's been over four weeks and my course grant hasn't arrived. I've contacted the OU and am waiting for their response but they seem to be pretty slow. I'm fairly certain I'm due one, since my last one was for S205 which started on the 3rd of October last year, and my course grant turned up a week after that.

Anyone else had any problems with it? Starting to get a bit annoyed now, mostly because I can't seem to get any answers as to whether I'll be receiving it at all or not.
I'm guessing that you're course(s) have already started?

If not then that's probably why as mine wasn't paid until my course was 2 weeks in.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Finally got my reply last night - there's no course grant for 20 point courses. Which is alright now I KNOW, but I guess I just shouldn't have assumed I'd get one, even though they've paid up all my course fees for the next year. Meh, time to raid the penny jar till payday gets here! :wink:
Reply 3
to be fair, it does say on the support page that you on get financial support on courses 30 points and above....
Reply 4
Original post by bufferz

Original post by bufferz
to be fair, it does say on the support page that you on get financial support on courses 30 points and above....

I agree. Finance has always been 30 points or above - you're lucky you even got your fees paid below that. The only thing to moan about is the slow response, but if you sent a specific question rather than a general enquiry (ie will I get a grant, rather than will anyone doing this course) that's understandable as it's a busy time of year and they will have had to check your records.
Reply 5
Yeah, just thought it was coming due to the fact that I'd had the courses paid already. Still, an important lesson's been learned, never assume anything until you have proof in your hands. You'd think as an attempted scientist I'd know that already :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest