The Student Room Group

England is boring

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most American cities are increadibly dull. Like really dull. Just grid style roads and modern buildings. Yuck.

I love the UK.
Well, it's not very exotic, but that's because you've lived here your whole life (probably) and nothing here's as new or exciting to you as it would be in France or wherever. If you'd been brought up somewhere else you probably wouldn't think it was boring here.

I mean, what really makes France or Spain that much more exciting?
Reply 22
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Weird statement, I know what you're trying to say but what about an actually boring place, a library, the countryside, so those places will be boring if you're boring?

What!!?! :angry: :angry: :angry:

They are not boring places :mad:
Reply 23
Original post by TWF
Agree. Or maybe it's just my city (Birmingham).

Eh? Birmingham is awesome, how could you possibly get bored in Birmingham? There's a staggering amount of things to do, even on a shoestring budget, you must be doing it wrong.

Original post by `R92
Kinda wish i went to highschool/uni in USA :l

I think that's a by-product of extended exposure to their culture, I'm sure if you'd lived through it you'd find the education system in the states just as tedious.
The only thing I would miss if I left is the football culture and the 3 pin plug.
Reply 25
In comparison to say.... France, Italy, Spain. Oh and it's cold

discuss

A place is only as boring as you make it.
Reply 26
Weird statement, I know what you're trying to say but what about an actually boring place, a library, the countryside, so those places will be boring if you're boring?

if you think libraries and the countryside are boring then there is something wrong with you. Probably the fact that you are boring.

Case closed.
If you don't like it feel free to leave.
Original post by py0alb
if you think libraries and the countryside are boring then there is something wrong with you. Probably the fact that you are boring.

Case closed.

Not really, it's just opinion, if you find a place boring it doesn't mean you're boring. Quite ridiculous to say that don't you think

and that's just your opinion on the matter anyway. Loads of people find libraries boring, so they're automatically boring? Ok
Reply 29

How is the countryside boring?? Get a load of friends and you can have loads of fun camping etc :rolleyes:

Maybe not in winter though, so you do have a point...

P.S. libraries aren't boring either. You've kind of proved your point about being a boring person! What do you do for fun?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Not really, it's just opinion, if you find a place boring it doesn't mean you're boring. Quite ridiculous to say that don't you think

and that's just your opinion on the matter anyway. Loads of people find libraries boring, so they're automatically boring? Ok

Actually it looks like you're pretty much on your own on this one.
Reply 31
Loads of people find libraries boring, so they're automatically boring? Ok

Since when was majority opinion indicative of truth?

You think the countryside is 'boring'? You should be shot, my boy! :wink:
Reply 32
I love England

-Devoted Anglophile.
Original post by py0alb
Actually it looks like you're pretty much on your own on this one.

aww man :rolleyes:
Reply 34
i guess so but wouldnt england "light up" from the royal wedding... :dontknow:
Only boring people get bored :smile:
it is

that's why you should come to ireland

hah
Reply 37
Yes it is true. And most foreigners when they come here they all say the same thing that England is boring. It's not just that there isn't much to do, but it's also the people who are boring, dull, reserved and UNSOCIABLE. And also the architecture and planning of the cities makes everything more depressing and dark, I know it might not mean much to you, but there is a big difference compared to the other countries and yeah it makes the place more dull.
Reply 38
Original post by gtfo

I think that's a by-product of extended exposure to their culture, I'm sure if you'd lived through it you'd find the education system in the states just as tedious.

The social life and culture of high school and uni in the US is a lot better than here. So much more active, and the way it is portrayed in the movies is pretty much how it is there lol... It's really fun.
No. Parts of it might be a bit grey and uninspiring, but there are many beautiful places, and life's what you make it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending