The Student Room Group

I'm a first year - want 2 transfer to different uni + change course

Hi, I'm a first year at Uni of Hertfordshire. I'm studying History/Philosophy but I hate it and want to do Politics instead. I was wondering if anyone knows, if it is possible to get a transfer to another London uni for the 2nd year but change my degree to Politics without losing out on the year that I've done? :eek:

I know that sounds crazy, but I thought seen as the first year doesn't count towards you're degree mark and seen as History is quite relevant to Politics, I thought it could be possible?
why don't you email the unis and see what they say
Reply 2
This will depend on the admissions tutors decision, but they will look for two closely related subjects. You will also need relevent A-levels. In terms of assessing your potential for an academic programme of study, it is likely they will take your first year results in to consideration. If there are any core modules in the first year, you might be able to do these in the second year. Contact the Universities in which you are interested. They might invite you to an informal interview or an Open Day.
Reply 3
Oh thank you for replying. Well I've got an A-level in Politics and as I'm doing History/Philosophy, I thought these courses will be relevant. And I'm working really hard this year so I can get good grades :smile: Do you know when would be a good time to contact the unis? Or shall I wait until March maybe, cause then I can see how good my results will be overall?

Quick Reply

Latest