The Student Room Group

anyone got replies from uni's for nutrition/dietetics?

Hellooo, Im new here! Names Tasha and im currently studyin a levels at collegee
Ive applied for nutrition and dietetics.
Been searching all over TSR cant find anything!
anyone got any offers or interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey
i got a conditional offer today from coventry for 260 ucas points with 80 from biology all at A2 which equates to BCC minimum what about you ?
Vibha
Reply 2
Slightly unrelated:

"Nutritionist, unlike dietitian, is not a protected term."

So basically, become a dietitian if you can :P
Reply 3
Yeah got replies from coventry and uwic

Coventry: 260 points to include a C in Biology.
UWIC: B in Biology and C in Chemistry.

where have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by veeebz
hey
i got a conditional offer today from coventry for 260 ucas points with 80 from biology all at A2 which equates to BCC minimum what about you ?
Vibha

When did you apply, and what did you get in your AS's?

Ive still not heard anything :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Wookie42
Slightly unrelated:

"Nutritionist, unlike dietitian, is not a protected term."

So basically, become a dietitian if you can :P

Yup thats why I want to do Dietetics, but if i don't get in will have to do nutrition, then postgrad :frown: x
My friend applied for a nutrition course at Reading and I think she has an interview next Tuesday.
Reply 7
I'm starting to get really impatient :frown:
Keep hearing about all my friends getting offers + interviews and I've got nothing so far!
Reply 8
I wouldn't worry too much yet, I've heard that this course is one of the longest application processes! 2 of my unis have said that I shouldn't expect anything until after christmas, Nottingham said interview in Feb and offers in March... Its frustrating. I only have one interview at the moment for surrey. Where have you applied?
Reply 9
Good Luck with your interview :smile:
Coventry, Chester, Surrey, KCL, Nottingham...
what about you?
Reply 10
Hertfordshire, KCL, Nottingham, Plymouth and Surrey. Thanks! Good luck with your offers i'm sure you'll have some in march :smile:
Reply 11
Coventry, chester, plymouth, nottingham nd surrey
i want to have notts as my firm and cov as my insurance but have only heard from cov atm....
tis very annoying mad:
Reply 12
Original post by LaLa-Natasha
When did you apply, and what did you get in your AS's?

Ive still not heard anything :frown:

the 1st of december so a while back
i got bccd at as cuz i failed but am predicted ABB with b/a in gen studies a in bio, b in chem and physics
(edited 13 years ago)
Heeey, I've applied to do Nutrition and Dietitics and sent my form at the end of Nov and havnt had any offers yet. I've applied to Cardiff, Chester, Coventry, Plymouth and Surrey. I've got an interview for Chester on Wed tho, has anyone had a Dietitics interview in Chester or anywhere? And what was the interview and offers like for Coventry? I really want that to be my first choice. xx
Reply 14
Hey what are the entry requirements for dietics? One of my friends does health and social care BTEC( Which includes modules on anatomy and physiology) Should she apply or just give up
Hey :smile:
I've got an offer for nutrition at Notts, and an offer for dietetics at Leeds Met and Coventry!!
Interview for Surrey in January, and just sent off that questionnaire thingy from Nottingham!
Fingers crossed for Nottingham!! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Shih-na
Hey what are the entry requirements for dietics? One of my friends does health and social care BTEC( Which includes modules on anatomy and physiology) Should she apply or just give up

Some universities specify chemistry as part of their requirements, but some seem to be ok with just biology modules and no chemistry. Your friend would have to check with the universities she is interested in. She would also need to visit a dietetic department, as this is one of the entry requirements. It's a really competitive degree to get a place on so other relevant work experience would look good on her personal statement.
Hey ther ppl :smile: I sent my UCAS off for dietietics for chester coventry leeds met cardiff and hertfordshire on 23rd of Novemver cardiff gave me a conditionol offer 25th nov n coventry gave me an offer on 25th ive declined a hertfordshire interveiw its 2 far away :s-smilie: and waiting to heear from chester :biggrin: hopefully chester or coventry its going to be! any1 else hoping for either one of these? :smile:
Reply 18
Hi, I sent my UCAS off at the end of November and I applied to Kings, Surrey and Nottingham for Nutrition and Dietetics. I got two interviews at Kings and Surrey coming up which I am super nervous about. Does anyone have any advice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Oh I'm glad to see some people here who have applied to the same places as me :smile: I've bee 'acknowledged' by all except Chester... had a conditional offer from Leeds Met. and just got through an interview for Surrey! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :/ :P

Quick Reply

Latest