The Student Room Group

Changing course, help with student finance.

We all know the student loan company is terrible at the best of times, so I need some help making sure they don't balls up this.
I've changed courses at uni, from the bsc to the mmath which basically means I'm going to be staying on for another year and will need more tuition fees and maintanence grants etc. I know you can change your course on the student finance website, has anyone done this? And can you guide me through it please?
Reply 1
At my University, you need to complete a form when you are changing your programme of study. This is then sent to Student Administrative Services and forwarded by them to Student Financial Services, so that they can inform the SLC. However, it is a good idea to inform them yourself. I usually notify them of any changes in my circumstances by completing an CO1 form. You can download this from the website.
Reply 2
I just found out after changing my course that you have to pay yourself if it means doing extra years, they will only fund 3years in total. Dont know if that helps.
Reply 3
Original post by Yulz
I just found out after changing my course that you have to pay yourself if it means doing extra years, they will only fund 3years in total. Dont know if that helps.

That's not true. You always have an extra year for 'false starts' or changing courses/unis etc.

It's always worked out as the length of your new course + 1 minus any years you've done previously. So with a three year course and no previous uni study you always have 4 years. If for example, you did two years of a three year course, and then moved onto the third year of a four year course, it'd be worked out as 4+1-2=2 years left, so you'd still be covered for the extra year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending