The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Anyone got any offers at Huddersfield yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
:bumps: Congrats!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by luke$
Conditional for graphic design yyee. rekon i'm gonna make hudds my first choice.

Looked at accom think i'm gonna go for snow island, dont fancy the bus to skool in the morning!
Is there a fb freshers group set up yet??

There is a group on fb but its pretty dead at the moment. This one is admined by the guys that do the entertainment at storthes. Theres another with like 200 members but i think its all fake profiles:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_196111930422520

theres this page as well:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Huddersfield-Freshers-2011-2012/156224604438124
Ive had an offer to do chemistry and ive replied and accepted Huddersfield as my firm :biggrin:
Reply 63
my ucas went through on friday an i got and offer on saturday, couldnt believe how fast they got back to me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Me to! I recieved 2 unconditional offers from Hudders 2 days after I applied.
Reply 65
I had an interview for Fashion Design and Textiles, had an interview a few months ago and heard back a day later - conditional :biggrin:
Hey guys, im really confused at the moment, have not made any decisions about which uni to choose, my favourite ones are Sheffield Hallam uni and also Huddersfield uni. Anyone got any advices or some kind of experience in those two places, please let me know. I am also interested in living at student hall.... :smile:
Reply 67
had an interview for adult nursing but heard nothing yet plzzz i hope i get a conditional place LOL
Reply 68
Got conditional fo Music Technology and Audio Systems. terms were basically same as unconditional since I've already passed/will pass them.
Reply 69
Just firmed Huddersfield to do Psychology :smile:
Got a conditional from Hudds for graphic design, don't know whether to firm it or not. The interviewee was really pushing me to firm asap any positive offer I 'may' get as they liked my work, felt put on the spot a bit, especially when all they wanted to know from me was about any other interests I had from other universities, didn't want to speak about my work as "it spoke for itself". I know that's a good thing and the people were really friendly, just seemed a bit weird that they wouldn't even ask a single question about my work in an 'interview'. Probably wait till next week and see the outcome of my other two interviews. So two offers and two interviews coming up, ironically my last choice/safety option are the only ones not to get back to me.
Reply 71
Original post by BlueSmarties

Got a conditional from Hudds for graphic design, don't know whether to firm it or not. The interviewee was really pushing me to firm asap any positive offer I 'may' get as they liked my work, felt put on the spot a bit, especially when all they wanted to know from me was about any other interests I had from other universities, didn't want to speak about my work as "it spoke for itself". I know that's a good thing and the people were really friendly, just seemed a bit weird that they wouldn't even ask a single question about my work in an 'interview'. Probably wait till next week and see the outcome of my other two interviews. So two offers and two interviews coming up, ironically my last choice/safety option are the only ones not to get back to me.

Man thats a lot of interviews, i got an offer from all my choices (Huddersfield included, mech eng btw) and haven't had to go to even one.
Joke's on me though, now i can't decide .
I sent mine off at the end of October, and they got back to me within around 3/4 days. They were the first to get back to me. I think its going to be my firm. But our school are wanting us to wait till january results day to do our choices.

Just been looking at accomidation, im only from Bradford but id like to move out. But Snow Island looks goood.
Reply 73
I got a offer the day they received my UCAS.

I'm studying Business Management and Leadership.
I'm from Birmingham so I don't know much about the area, Seeing as your from there I was wondering if you could help me out?
Is it nice is there much to do ?

Ohh and for accommodation I'm looking at Strothes hall park it looks pretty good.

http://www.southstreetam.co.uk/projects-Stortheshall.php

I'm Josh :smile:
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dpirate
Man thats a lot of interviews, i got an offer from all my choices (Huddersfield included, mech eng btw) and haven't had to go to even one.
Joke's on me though, now i can't decide .

Did you apply for an art/design based course?
Reply 75

Did you apply for an art/design based course?

no, mech eng with sandwich, but i do live quite far from all of them
Original post by Dpirate
no, mech eng with sandwich, but i do live quite far from all of them

So you don't have a portfolio which needs viewing? Think that'll be why, Edge Hill offered without an interview (albeit a different course) however Huddersfield, Chester & Salford want to see portfolios. God knows about Leeds, like I said, ironic hah.

Leaning more and more towards Huddersfield, especially after the denial so many people were having today back at college since the replies. Huddersfield had suddenly turned from the best thing since sliced bread to the worst university for graphic design in existence, some even claimed that UCLAN would be better for them. True it probably will be, they accepted you without requesting any work and with a silly grade level (along the lines of P, M, M I think). :innocent:
Original post by joshua.
I got a offer the day they received my UCAS.

I'm studying Business Management and Leadership.
I'm from Birmingham so I don't know much about the area, Seeing as your from there I was wondering if you could help me out?
Is it nice is there much to do ?

Ohh and for accommodation I'm looking at Strothes hall park it looks pretty good.

http://www.southstreetam.co.uk/projects-Stortheshall.php

I'm Josh :smile:
x

Im studying business too, :biggrin:
International Business though

who was you asking about the area? not sure if it was me or not lol but ill tell you this

I think its a nice area, i compare it to bradford though. But in comparrison its clean (y) haha. It also has a nice town center, the unis like almost in the town center. Theirs some little steps out the shopping place and the uni is over the road. SO has great transport links. I visted the halls you was on about too, their pretty cool. Its like a little village of students, all closed off so its just yous. Got a little shop, gym and pub.

Um if yo have any more questions feel free to ask : )
and good luck, you making/made huddersfield your first?
I had a graphic design interview last week at Hudds (1st) and still had nothing through UCAS.
:frown: 3 more interviews lined up though!
Original post by KimGlazebrook
I had a graphic design interview last week at Hudds (1st) and still had nothing through UCAS.
:frown: 3 more interviews lined up though!

No news is good news.

Where are your other interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending