The Student Room Group

First time sex - did you use condom, (any form of) pill, both, none, or other?

Scroll to see replies

None, catholicism says no.
There's that whole no sex before marriage thing too..
But 1 sin is better than 2!
none, i was drunk.
Original post by Broderss
I ventured unequipped.

what, so you have no cock?
Reply 83
Original post by Mr. Orange
what, so you have no cock?

I mean he went commando.
pill, no condom.
Though 'wrap it up before you slap it up!' :ahee:
LMAO! wasnt quite that unexpected haha :biggrin:
Reply 86
I used condom only for my first time. I was on the pill for a while, and used both the pill and condoms. Now, I just use condoms.
Original post by Rob da Mop
Condom, I think.

Condom, I hope.
Reply 88
Original post by caz457
I used condom only for my first time. I was on the pill for a while, and used both the pill and condoms. Now, I just use condoms.

Can I ask why? Why not just pill? Doesn't condom reduce pleasure?
Reply 89
Original post by -beads-
Can I ask why? Why not just pill? Doesn't condom reduce pleasure?

When I was on the pill, I was very paranoid about being pregnant and didn't trust it (mainly through people's stories where it failed). I knew that I took it at the same time every day apart from the break, so it should work, but I was 15/16 and didn't want to risk it. I went on the pill because I have heavy/long periods though, not specifically for contraception.
Reply 90
Original post by isawsparks89
pill, no condom.
Though 'wrap it up before you slap it up!' :ahee:

Have you ever used a condom? Did you get it from GP or FPC?
I'm a gay guy who hasn't had sex yet but...

...and I am going to get a huge load of overly-dramatic replies for this probably...

I really don't like the idea of a guy using condoms with me. I don't know why. It's stupid and idiotic and honestly quite unfounded but I just don't like the idea. So I'm probably going to stay a virgin forever :frown: Although I personally don't see it as such a big deal as long as you're not having sex with random people who you know nothing about and have very little trust in. I hope whoever I have sex with I can trust them enough when they tell me they're clean. If I don't trust that then no sex.
Reply 92
Original post by -beads-
Yeah, same.

Ah finally, one person! :smile:

Did you talk to your partner/GP first? Was it just as safe / more safe than condom only or condom/pill combined? Why did you not use a condom, at all?

You're the first person I can ask this!

Are you fully aware of the what the pill does? Its a lot safer than using just a condom.
Reply 93
Original post by -beads-
You still use a condom??

Yep, always without fail, even in the heat of the moment we take the time to get a condom out. I dont trust the pill alone to protect me from pregancy, sperm can live for a while, so if you get a tummy bug or take anitbiotics within 24-48hrs of having sex, you could in theory end up pregnant. Although me and my partner would love a baby in the next 5yrs, right now its not feasable, so better safe than sorry!
Original post by gradyhawks
I was also one to get to warp 9 without "shields to full" so to speak. Didn't fire off any photon torpedoes but my phaser made a mess outside of orbit *ahem*

(I don't even watch star trek, where that came from I know not!)

Hahahaha, you're an absolute lad!
Reply 95
first time we used a condom.
Then after a while i went on the pill, but we use withdrawal along with the pill, only for the reason that its less messy to clean up, not for the protection side of things :smile:
Original post by -beads-
Have you ever used a condom? Did you get it from GP or FPC?

I have and I'm absolutely ashamed to say, I never carry any on me (so irresponsible!), the guy *normally* does or manages to get it somehow. You can get them free from the doctor though, I believe? I don't know, I get the pill for free
Reply 97
Original post by Ruthi-SH
first time we used a condom.
Then after a while i went on the pill, but we use withdrawal along with the pill, only for the reason that its less messy to clean up, not for the protection side of things :smile:

Where do you finish instead??
Reply 98
Original post by -beads-
Where do you finish instead??

ahem, he finishes on a variety of places on my body, but not inside. just its easier to get rid of it all in one go rather than bits dripping out slowly
Used a condom. There was no way either me or my boyfriend were going to not use anything. To this day we only use condoms - but extra safe durex! :smile:

Do you think that condoms really reduce pleasure, I don't know the difference cause I've only ever had sex with condoms.

I think that I wouldn't really be able to go on the pill because I'd find it incredibly hard to keep to the routine, especially as my routine changes day-by-day.

Does anyone know anything that is readily available to guard against pregnancy, that doesn't have horrible side effects? (anything that will make my mood swings worse, for the sake of everyone else's sanity, is a no!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending