The Student Room Group

British pupils taught sharia way to cut thieves hands off

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 'James Hunt'
Panorama, the most biased show ever.

They just want to give muslims a bad reputation. They mislead viewers with the editing of they're programmes. And how on earth are you going to deal with serious issues in a 30 minute programme?

Perhaps it isn't the best programme in the world, but I've only ever watched it that one time. But how is it misleading of them to take saudi arabian national curriculum textbooks, which they got from a supplier in the uk, which supplies part time schools here, then have a saudi arabian and an expert translate them misleading?

In fact, the "expert" who went over the textbooks said he felt that which was in the textbooks should be taught, but that the textbooks were teaching them out of context, in a racist and hateful way without any proper explanation :smile:

Now you could argue there could be some teacher their to explain the context, but surely the context should be in the textbooks too, if it was considered important :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by specialk_698
Yeah, I said in a previous post, that I was worried about how far they were going and the segregation & elitism certain teachings were cultivating; however for the most part, they were learning about parts of their culture that do exist today.

Going back to the punishments for crimes, sometimes a picture spreaks a 1000 words but in this case, how else would you show that in sharia law, you hand is cut or leg is cut off? I think the picture is almost meaningless, there is no blood, the hand is not even connected to a body, take the picture out of the book and wouldn't even be able to infer anything, as you can see it depends greatly on how the teacher annotates it.

And you know what, yeah if you did go to Saudi you whould have limits on your 'expression'..why? because that's the whole point of multiculturalism, to integrate into a new society, and the failure of this is the exact reason why people like Angela Merkel have said multiculturalism has failed.

I find most of sharia law abhorrent but if you don't tolerate their customs, how can you them expect to tolerate yours?

Surely you don't need a diagram to make the point of amputating hands and feet and showing where the cuts should be made. It could just say that the law states they should be amputated.

And yes, people should integrate into the majority society. So if I am not permitted in Saudi Arabia to do things which there are considered abhorrent, then things which the majority consider abhorrent here shouldn't be allowed either :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Ray Barone
well this just says it all
these sick ****s will even brainwash kids into their hate filled religion, and the worst thing is the government dont even do anything to stop it, and some people say muslims dont get special treatment:rolleyes::mad::angry:

Go away, leave etc.

Islam teaches that homosexuality should be banned. I'm gay and I still wouldn't say that kinda crap.

You can't judge an entire religion by a tiny minority.
Reply 63
Original post by 4TSR
This

OP: you're on a liberal forum full of intelligent people who actually think for them selves before letting crap come out of their mouths; so you fail, you fail bad.

Sorry about this, I'm on your side and all, but it's "themselves" not "them selves"

Sorry!

:smile:
Original post by she
Surely you don't need a diagram to make the point of amputating hands and feet and showing where the cuts should be made. It could just say that the law states they should be amputated.

And yes, people should integrate into the majority society. So if I am not permitted in Saudi Arabia to do things which there are considered abhorrent, then things which the majority consider abhorrent here shouldn't be allowed either :smile:

I think we're both on the same page, just slight differences in where the line is :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Charzhino
They are taught crime and punishment. And what is so vile about cutting of hands if you steal, it seems fair to me.

Because the world isn't black and white.
Original post by Charzhino
They are taught crime and punishment. And what is so vile about cutting of hands if you steal, it seems fair to me.

Harsh punishments don't stop people from re offending. We used to hang criminals yet did people stop committing offenses? No.

What a backwards viewpoint. Why do kids need to learn about crime and punishment?
Reply 67
well this just says it all
these sick ****s will even brainwash kids into their hate filled religion, and the worst thing is the government dont even do anything to stop it, and some people say muslims dont get special treatment:rolleyes::mad::angry:

Islam does not say go around cutting thieves hands off!!!!!!! its against the sunnah and it should not be done.
Reply 68
Original post by Sim188
Sorry about this, I'm on your side and all, but it's "themselves" not "them selves"

Sorry!

:smile:

:p: thanks :biggrin:
Original post by lovely_me
Harsh punishments don't stop people from re offending. We used to hang criminals yet did people stop committing offenses? No.

What a backwards viewpoint. Why do kids need to learn about crime and punishment?

Murder and stealing is different. When one muders for revenge or whatever, they won't care about the consequences when they want that person dead more than anything. Stealing is different, how about asking convicts or make a poll on TSR whether you would be less likely to steal if you knew your hands would get removed. It certianly would deter me and all my friends who I asked.

My house was burgled so many times when I was younger, I would not hesitate to hack their hands off myself so they couldnt steal again. Either way if, theft will be reduced no doubt, which is a good thing, but oh no people must think its a ''backward'' ideaology.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
What could be a better deterrant to stealing than the punishment of this?
I would think it would be beneficial
are you thick or did your mum drop you on head when you was young? MUSLIM AINT A RACE BUT THEN THAT WOULDNT SUIT YOUR ANTI WESTERN AGENDA WOULD IT?

I find it mega lulz that you're trying to offend me by putting up a picture of Muhammad. It shows me how frustrated you are haha! Anti-western agenda? lolololololololol You think Muslims can't be western and Islamic?

Just go away you paranoid immigrant from Italy. Why don't you get together with Belusconi (spelling?) and you two can molest a couple of 12 year olds together. They should chuck your racist ass out of the country.

This is Ray Barone - Racist Italian immigrant!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending