Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taking up the piano again (yay!)

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Ah...well, my sight reading isn't too great either. I can read music fine but playing AND reading makes my head implode. I have to memorise everything I do so I can actually enjoy it more.

If you have any good songs to recommend, then pease do I'm trawling YouTube at the moment, trying to find all the ones I used to like. It's kinda hard when you don't know the names!
    I know it's overplayed but my absolute favourite is Fur Elise - Beethoven. I play it all the time And it's not too difficult: the main theme is like a Grade 2 standard maybe and it's probably possible to play the whole thing by about Grade 4ish. You could give that a go?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I know it's overplayed but my absolute favourite is Fur Elise - Beethoven. I play it all the time And it's not too difficult: the main theme is like a Grade 2 standard maybe and it's probably possible to play the whole thing by about Grade 4ish. You could give that a go?
    I will have a go at that one...doesn't sound too tricky, but I'm usualy wrong and get all inpatient I'm the same too, if I learn something, I play and play and play it because when you can play something flawlessly it makes you feel good!

I've been through YouTube looking for vids. I love this guy, he does film tunes and stuff but the piano sounds so good :awesome:

This is my fave at the moment! Think it's from the Truman Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzGSIT4g0no
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Oo that's a long time! I bet you're pretty good now, eh? Yes, I Do want to do the grades, so I can gage how good I'm getting

Can you play this? I freaking LOVE it. I reckon it's the speed that would be the problem in this. I can kinda play the first movement...nice and slow heehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPPxrE-77Q
    3rd mvt of Moonlight Sonata is insanely hard. We are talking beyond the level of most grade 8 piano players. I agree with you though, it is one of my most favourite pieces - much better than the first movement.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    3rd mvt of Moonlight Sonata is insanely hard. We are talking beyond the level of most grade 8 piano players. I agree with you though, it is one of my most favourite pieces - much better than the first movement.
    Aah that makes me sad! How long will it take to get to Grade 8? I don't know if you can fast track your way there or maybe it's best not to. Oh well, listening will have to do for now

Wonder if anyone on here can play it?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2010
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered instrumental and classical

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.