The Student Room Group

mum says " she's going to come and check up on me at university"..

:frown: She said she's going to come without telling me, to "see if i'm working or wondering around with boys and F****** about.." and also see if my room's messy o.O.. asian parents suck.

Any other students parents say they're going to come check up on them ?

Lol, she won't be coming after 8pm i hope, so i wouldn't have to worry about her seeing me doing bad stuff e.g. drinking, partying, gigs...

Scroll to see replies

Don't tell her where you live.
Reply 2
Original post by domino0806
Don't tell her where you live.

lol, but she said she'd ask at reception to see where my room was..

and wouldn't she see when i'm moving into uni in sept? (if i get in)
Reply 3
haha, this is unlucky. I'm glad my parents haven't mentioned them coming to check up on me, although they did try to persuade me to stay at home... (and they're asian) :ninja:
Reply 4
Original post by moonymeen
haha, this is unlucky. I'm glad my parents haven't mentioned them coming to check up on me, although they did try to persuade me to stay at home... (and they're asian) :ninja:

:frown:
I think i'm going to be in disguise my entire uni life.
My Ma has repeatedly told me that she'll turn up unannounced with a cup of tea like Mrs Doyle :lolwut:.

Hence why I am not going to a local uni.
Reply 6
Hide.
Reply 7
UH OH
Reply 8
Tell her you're an adult and you'll come home and visit her when you so please.
Reply 9
lol xD

My dad said he was going to do that, but he was joking.
Just tell her to chill out and that you're living your own life now. I would go mental at my mum if she said she was going to do that to me.
Reply 11
Original post by helpneeded-a

:hat: I'm sure you will be able to find a way around this! Tell your friends not to let her in? :tongue:
Hopefully, people shouldn't be able to just wander in anyway :smile: they can't with my halls. To get in you need to get past reception who will know when someone's a student or not, then have to have a key to get to the living bits, then a key to your room!

Sooo you can just refuse to let her in? Or, be like "ooh hang on a minute mum, I'll answer the door in a minute" quickly tidy your room, hide the booze and let her in and put on an nice innocent face? :biggrin:
haaa my mom said the same thing. asian parents...

tell her you need 3 days notice because you would have to get her a guest pass, thus giving you time to clean your room and forge alibis.
lol, but she said she'd ask at reception to see where my room was..

and wouldn't she see when i'm moving into uni in sept? (if i get in)

Hope that other people have the same name as you, depends how common your name is.

You could just tell your mates to pretend that you behave, when your parents come over?

I thought most Asian parents would check up on kids? Heck at least you were aloud to move out... I wasn't, not even RHUL because apparently it is too far.
Hahahaha, your mum sounds fun, so shes just checking your working, better then my parents ever did, they didn't even know what I got in my GCSEs cause they were too busy not giving a toss.

So ok it is a pain, but they do it because they care and they are pushing you to achieve, you may not realise that now, but in 10 years time, when you have children of your own (LIKE ME) you will be doing the same thing :biggrin:

Stop moaning, invite her over when you move out so she can see for herself how much you are working hard, once shes seen for herself, chances are she will leave you alone, for the rest of the year at least
Original post by lizlaz350
lol xD

My dad said he was going to do that, but he was joking.

Hi :biggrin:!
Lol, i live in london atm, and she would come all the way to nottingham trent/kent to check up on me o.O and she wants me to come home every holidays :frown:
lol, but hopefully, they won't have enough money to come.

Grr, i can see them now..wondering around like lost asians looking for their indian daughter, with pots and pans :frown: kinda like teh masoods from eastenders! :frown:
Original post by A.galloway
tell her you need 3 days notice because you would have to get her a guest pass, thus giving you time to clean your room and forge alibis.

LOL :biggrin: she seems to know everything already about parents visiting, well she thinsk she does.
IT would be worse when my bf's staying over etc! dayummm
Original post by Hermione_moo
Hahahaha, your mum sounds fun, so shes just checking your working, better then my parents ever did, they didn't even know what I got in my GCSEs cause they were too busy not giving a toss.

So ok it is a pain, but they do it because they care and they are pushing you to achieve, you may not realise that now, but in 10 years time, when you have children of your own (LIKE ME) you will be doing the same thing :biggrin:

Stop moaning, invite her over when you move out so she can see for herself how much you are working hard, once shes seen for herself, chances are she will leave you alone, for the rest of the year at least

I know they care, but they could atleast tell me! lol, god knows what i may be up to at the time they come round!:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending