The Student Room Group

Social Science's Are Not A Science!

Scroll to see replies

It's clear that you have used very scientific Baconian methods to determine this fact....

This thread is a neg buffet. To save your rep (if you care), I think you should close it.
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
I'm not saying this because I'm applying for psychology, but I don't think you can give an opinion on it as you have never studied psychology or sociology yourself.

But I have
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
But I have

Why did you choose it then, oh wise one?
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
Why did you choose it then, oh wise one?

personal interest, that disapated as I realised psychology at AS is so Micky mouse
Reply 24
personal interest, that disapated as I realised psychology at AS is so Micky mouse

So's every subject at that level though. GCSE Add Maths and A2 Maths are virtually indistinguishable, for instance.

The only subjects that aren't overly "mickey mouse" at that stage are languages or art, given the amount of work both require.
Original post by Hylean
So's every subject at that level though. GCSE Add Maths and A2 Maths are virtually indistinguishable, for instance.

The only subjects that aren't overly "mickey mouse" at that stage are languages or art, given the amount of work both require.

MEI maths is amazing.

Yes but you can't judge it just from doing it at AS level. A2 adds a little more science to it, though not as much as I would like, but at degree level the course (so I'm led to believe) contains a lot more science.
MEI maths is amazing.

You're weird.
Reply 28
Personally I'm finding my Social Sciencey degree scientific enough for my humanities based brain.

This thread is now about Panda dogs!

Is it a dog, is it a panda? Only Science can tell us the answers.
(edited 13 years ago)
you foolish people. when they say something is a 'social science' they don't mean that it is a positivist science like physics. its a term that has stuck to sociology and psychology over the years. they call them sciences because they are inquiries into human affairs.
Seriously, Psychology and sociology are not a science, standing around outside Mcdonalds with a clip board asking about dreams is so unscientific.

How do you define a science?
Reply 31
Original post by Hylean
Personally I'm finding my Social Sciencey degree scientific enough for my humanities based brain.

This thread is now about Panda dogs!

Is it a dog, is it a panda? Only Science can tell us the answers.

How about a panda dog walker?

Original post by CityOfMyHeart
You're weird.

why :cry:
Original post by Lewroll
How do you define a science?

One with plenty of sausage
Reply 34
Original post by danny111
How about a panda dog walker?

That was sheer genius, sir. I salute you.

Yeah, then my degree's definitely out. I'm outnumbered by girls. Something like 40 odd girls to 4 guys.
why :cry:

Because you're a he-she, according to this thread :eek:
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
Because you're a he-she, according to this thread :eek:

Im not lesbian love, jog on.
Reply 37
Original post by Hylean
That was sheer genius, sir. I salute you.

Why thank you :tongue:

plenty of.. what.. I dont even... are you flirting with me?
Im not lesbian love, jog on.

You can't afford to be picky.

I'll find you a nice hermaphrodite from Asia or something, dw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending