The Student Room Group

Who should get the blame for bullying? The victim or the aggressor?

Should bullying only be managed and not eradicated?

Should bullies be taught that difference is normal? If somebody is a Goth or emo, it's because they think differently (everybody knows that, but people disregard it for the sake of it). Should victims be taught how to defend themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Victims should be taught Krav Maga, the solution to all problems.
Reply 2
:lolwut:

The aggressor, obviously.
The aggressor.... (obviously)
Reply 4
Enough with your threads now.

The aggressor obviously. :rolleyes:
Why is it obvious? The victim should be able to manage the situation also.
Reply 6
The aggressor. But in cases of bullying multiple times by the same person then it becomes the victims fault too for not doing anything about it.
Reply 7
obviously the aggressor.
Original post by lonely14
Enough with your threads.

The aggressor obviously.

Why the aggressor?
OP have you ever been bullied?
Original post by CharlieBee_90
OP have you ever been bullied?

No.

I just think it's both parties that must resolve the situation.
Original post by rajandkwameali
Should bullying only be managed and not eradicated?

Should bullies be taught that difference is normal? If somebody is a Goth or emo, it's because they think differently (everybody knows that, but people disregard it for the sake of it). Should victims be taught how to defend themselves?

Right so thinking differently can be applied to all victims of bullying, so someone who gets bullied because they are in a wheel chair is in a chair because they think differently.

I think you should study medicine, this is outstanding.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by morematterlessartx
Right so thinking differently can be applied to all victims of bullying, so someone who gets bullied because they are in a wheel chair is in a chair because they think differently.

I think you should study medicine, this is outstanding.

Your point is a non sequitur.
No.

Glad to hear it, but since you have never been bullied how can you say that the victims are able to resolve the situation when you have never been in it yourself?

Victims can always go to an adult they trust, but that never guarantees success. Bullies pick on people they know are an easy target, mentally and physically. They often form groups and isolate one person. When you are one person against a group, it's not exactly that simple.
Displaying confidence and having social skills are key.

This applies to both parties.
Reply 15
Bullied at school

Bullies were told tehy weren't allowed to go on a trip during the last week of school .......... typical they were allowed to go because they said sorry......b******s they still bullied me.Didn't really stick up for myself......now i have my last laugh most of them are pregnant , dead end jobs....well at least they are working!

Bit of a shock for them when in year 11 i stuck up for myself
No.

It's not a bloody UN meeting.
Reply 17
So it's possibly my fault that my confidence was irreparably damaged because I was bullied to hell for a year. Bull****.
It's still a conflict. Conflicts should be resolved and managed.
The aggressor, if it carries on from school to work and they get caught bullying, they will get in a lot more trouble than at school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending