The Student Room Group

Aerospace engineering: At Manchester or Sheffield ?

hi, i got offers from manchester, sheffield, leeds, leiscter, and queen mary to do aerospace engineering. i want to choose either sheffield or manchester as my firm and queen mary as insurance, but i cant choose between sheffield or manchester.

i dont want to go to the open days because of the diffuculty of travel and costs ( i live very far away ) and i just cant be boverd because i know therye both great

what would you lot reccomend that i choose, please specify why in terms of overall best uni, best in the field, accomidation, city, socialness and all that.

thank you
I can't talk about Manchester but aerospace at Sheffield has been pretty great so far. All the main first year accommodation is new so everything is up to date and there's a really good atmosphere in the student villages (Endcliffe especially). Loads of bars and clubs around as well if that's your kind of thing, but even not there's always something to do. Something not so good is we haven't actually done any aerospace-related modules yet (and we're 9 weeks in) but we start an aero-specific module this week so it's not too bad. Up till now it's been maths and physics which is alright really but it'll be good to finally do stuff about planes and everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest