The Student Room Group

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Well on your first question it sounds like your friend is in the wrong but you have been caught out for it. I do think you should have cntested it immediately though.
IMO, it's awkward: Your friend may have plagiarised, but it can be argued that you helped her to and shouldn't have shared your essay. On the other hand, you can't guarantee the integrity of other people and you didn't give permission, so it's not like you colluded...

I think you should perhaps discuss it with the lecturer, but not go down official channels to contest it - like you say, no one will remember, you'll still go on to second year and it's unlikely to make much if any difference ultimately.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
It's your mate's word against yours. I assume your friend got punished similarly. I wouldn't contest it, just learn from your mistake and get on with your life. It's annoying, but what can you do.
Reply 4
Original post by Hylean
It's your mate's word against yours. I assume your friend got punished similarly. I wouldn't contest it, just learn from your mistake and get on with your life. It's annoying, but what can you do.

Contest it?

I say contest it, if nothng gets done about it then it's moving on time.
Reply 5
Original post by lifeshard
Contest it?

I say contest it, if nothng gets done about it then it's moving on time.

Why did I get quoted here? :confused:
I have just done one of my essays for my first year and on that one it says that basically if a friend copies the work then you and they are held accountable. So if I was in your books I would take it up with your friend see if they have got the essay (unlikely) that they do. See if there are any similarities, otherwise its best just living with it. You made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending