The Student Room Group

Which city offers the best student experience in your opinion? :)

Hi, ive applied to uni's in Liverpool, Leicester, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. Assuming I get offers, which city in your opinion offers the best experience, each uni offers the course I Want to do so no worries there but when it comes to deciding on the final two its a very hard decision.
I keeping finding reasons not to go to each city, Liverpool has a crime rate, Aberdeens a bit isolated, I would be studying just out of Edinburgh city and so on.
All advice is appreciated, and please, no flame wars! :smile:
Reply 1
Newcastle is apparently good, not your choice though, most cities have a good nightlife....though don't expect to be credited for partying for 3 years and scraping through though when the employer asks you what you've been up to at university.
Reply 2
liverpool and edinburgh are meant to be really good (Y)but as a midlander i wouldn't reccommend leicester - nice central location but it's a bit gloomyto say the least:/
Reply 3
Original post by chrislpp
Newcastle is apparently good, not your choice though, most cities have a good nightlife....though don't expect to be credited for partying for 3 years and scraping through though when the employer asks you what you've been up to at university.

Well thats the problem, I live in Newcastle, have done all my life. And as much as I love this city, I couldnt deal with another 4 years here, I need a new city to live in, more independence and stuff. If I lived elsewhere i'd come to Newcastle no bother.... :O
Reply 4
Well there you go then, Newcastle and London are the only cities I've been to, you are probably more aware than me, all the big uni cities I am sure have a big following for student based nights etc.

I don't know about london though, if you're posh and shop at topman and act like a dickhead you'll find it easy to fit in, you could wing it and end up somewhere and start long term friendships all over again, this would be easier at the big unis up and down the country, as there are going to be a lot of people out on their own there too! Though a lot of people go where friends are going for uni, don't see the point really :/
Aberdeen.
Reply 6
Everyone goes on about Sheffield. Never been though.
Reply 7
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Aberdeen.

about time this guy got banned
Original post by Dawson2010
I would be studying just out of Edinburgh city and so on.

It's not like they chain you to within a few metres of the uni, you know. :wink:
Reply 9
Nottingham has loads of stuffs to do! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending