The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

We finally have some snow :dance: - only about an inch though. More expected later :smile:
I was initially :nutcase: about the heavy snow but then soon realised that there's only freezing cold water coming out the hot water taps. fml. :frown:
Original post by Ladipidoo
I was initially :nutcase: about the heavy snow but then soon realised that there's only freezing cold water coming out the hot water taps. fml. :frown:

LOL yeah the taps do produce really cold water
Reply 884
Loads of the stuff in Loughborough; watched it through the window overnight whilst packing to go home from uni. Ironic, considering I live 100 miles away and am thus unlikely to make it home today...
Reply 885
The snow has once again BEGUN! :biggrin:
Original post by Rishz
The snow has once again BEGUN! :biggrin:

cant see any outside my window atm :frown:
Reply 887
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
cant see any outside my window atm :frown:

aww, well it has started snowing here in Leicester! :biggrin:
Original post by Rishz
aww, well it has started snowing here in Leicester! :biggrin:

Les im in london lol snow tomorrow
Dublin trying desperately not to grind to a halt altogether:rolleyes: Airport remaining open for about 4 hours a day, snowing like mad there again today. Busses are severely curtailed, almost all routes. They can't get the salt and grit in fast enough, dopes, this wasn't 'unforeseen' and they already messed it up badly in January with that cold spell. When will they learn! There is a foot of snow out my back garden, and more in other parts of my town. Most of Dublin has about 8 inches anyway, some parts have 18 inches by now. This is unreal, way worse than the snow a few weeks ago and the snow in January- and it's been decades literally for serious snow before that! '47, '63, '82 and '87..wasn't born! I have been stuck 3 times..the first was the first snow that fell, was on a night out and they pulled the Nitelinks (night busses)...and then thousands of people took to the streets to desperately hail the very few taxis actually running...literally hordes of people in heels crowding cars that weren't taxis at all....lining every street, in the roads, queuing at ranks! And loads more walking of course. We spent 4 hours trying to get a hotel room or taxi, eventually got a taxi and we all headed back to the one house, closest, the roads were unreal. Got stuck a few days later, was in uni and they pulled all the busses and again, no taxis! Walked to my sister's, wasn't too bad. (Couldnt do that the first time because she wasnt answering her phone..). This Tuesday I went into college before the library shut for christmas and finished shopping. Got a bus with no waiting and thought that was great. This bus left town (Dublin City Centre) at 4:05. It is a 40 minute journey normally. After 3 hours, we had covered about 10 minutes of the journey. Literally the bus would move a few inches and I got excited. Too much stuff to walk (which would have taken at least 4 hours) so stayed on the bus. Loads of trucks, cars, vans- including prisoner vans! and busses couldn't get traction up a very steep hill. The bus slid and got stuck for about 5 mins but eventually made it to a flat part. THREE double decker busses behind skidded several feet sidways and both had to turf all their passengers out. Loads of people pushing cars, jumpstarting cars....and heavy snow falling! Absolutely scary to make it up a hill in a double decker and see the ones behind you slide like that! Got no further so after 4 hours in total on the bus walked to my aunt's house.

I STILL love snow. I know it's a nightmare here at this stage 26th november onwards- a few days in between where the snow melted- but the ice was lethal. Just mad.
Looked out my window this morning - could see grass, road and footpath - it's FINALLY melting :biggrin: :biggrin:
quite a bit of it has melted here now
I've gone from 4 inches of snow everywhere this time yesterday to almost none anywhere now...

The difference a small amount of rain makes is amazing...
Original post by hannahhi
Looked out my window this morning - could see grass, road and footpath - it's FINALLY melting :biggrin: :biggrin:

lol, I looked out of the windom, there is still snow and ice and slush everywhere.

:frown:
Reply 894
It's just ice everywhere her now...all the pathways, just random piles of ice. It's a deathrap just walking to the bloody car!
Original post by hannahhi

YAY!! :love:
It's all gone now (again). I've mixed feelings about it. It's a nightmare practically, but snow cover looks so nice.
It's nearly all gone, there's only a little bit of sludge and the remainder of the snow cone my sister made. :sad: I know I complained about the snow when it was around but it was pretty, now everything's so dark and green.
I wonder how long the huge piles of snow/ice will take to melt?
Ok, you think WE have it bad...

THIS IS JAPAN...

Not photoshopped or anything honest...

http://gizmodo.com/5718892/new-york-looks-like-an-apocalypse-movie-right-now

It's crazy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending