The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Fashion at Huddersfield?

I've got an interview for Fashion Communication and Promotion at Huddersfield has anyone else???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I have one in February. Have you had yours yet? How did it go?:smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Ooh good luck :smile: My interview went well.. I got a conditional yay. Is Huddersfield your first choice?
Reply 3
I also got an interview for fashion communication & promotion, but they told me to bring along a project or some piece of work to my interview in feb, like I have no idea what to do, any ideas?
Reply 4
@Meganni What are you doing for A level? They said the same to me, I think I will bring one of my art peices. @AMB1991 What sorta questions were you asked? Yeah I think it is my first choice.
Reply 5
@shewolff I'm doing ICT, Accounts & Business Studies, although I have a fashion related project from L6th, that I will probably will bring with me, as well as doing something new, so I have options and can talk about the different styles and areas of work I have, what kind of questions are you researching ?
Reply 6
I have one in February too, I'm taking a portfolio with fashion illustration sketches, several design projects, and some english language and literature pieces that I managed to focus on fashion.
Probably too much but better to be overprepared than underprepared I guess.

I have no idea what to expect though, haven't really looked at the details of the course too much till now as it was my bottom choice, but since i just got rejected from Northumbria I'm desperate for an offer.:s-smilie:
Reply 7
They asked me questions like "what designers inspire you" then asked what aspect of the fashion industry you're interested in. I just brought my media coursework with me which was a fashion magazine I made, as well as some fashion photography I've done at fashion shows etc. Oh and I showed her my fashion blog on the computer too. Hope this helps!

I'm really worried that I'm going to hate it in Huddersfield because it's so small :s-smilie: anyone have any experience of the nightlife and stuff???
I have experienced the night life in huddersfield and even though its small it is quite good because all the bars and clubs are near to each other also huddersfield is a nice area with nice people so you will be fine, also Leeds is very near by about 25 mins on train and that is an AMAZING night out :biggrin:
Reply 9
I've got an interview there for Fashion and Textile buying on the 25th, I'm nervous cause it's my first choice by a mile! Is anyone else doing this/has anyone had an interview for it so far?
Reply 10
I had my interview for Communication and Promotion on tuesday, they asked what part of the industry i was interested in and why and what designers i enjoyed, they asked what i thought of the collaboration with high street and high end designers and what high street brands i thought promote their products the best.
hope this helps ! x
Reply 11
Had my interview today, and sure I've got a rejection already, did any one else feel like it was all very rushed?
I was first and we were told we'd only had about 5 minutes, which was nowhere near enough time to cover as much as i'd hoped
felt so rushed and flustered that all my answers to questions were phrased hideously, to try and fit everything in that i wanted to say.
and i didn't get asked all the questions mentioned above ^

It would be nice to know if i'm not the only one who felt like this, i'm so worried i messed up :s
Reply 12
hey! i had my interview and the day after received a conditional offer!
Reply 13
hey who else has accepted their offer for fashion promotion and communication at Huddersfield?! course sounds really good, i just have to decide between Huds and one other uni! suggestions? :smile:
Reply 14
I am putting Nottingham down for my firm and possibly Hudds for my insurance but I am still to hear back from my second favorite Uni (:
Reply 15
Original post by jerri1gle
hey who else has accepted their offer for fashion promotion and communication at Huddersfield?! course sounds really good, i just have to decide between Huds and one other uni! suggestions? :smile:

I've accepted Huddersfield for fashion promotion and communication! Huddersfields supposed to be really good for getting jobs after you finish. Dunno if that helps:smile:
Hi
I've applied for the Fashion Communication and promotion course at Huddersfield and have an interview this coming week! MASSIVE PANIC MODE!!

I have no idea what to expect in this interview, but I'm trying to prepare myself with common questions asked in uni interviews but to make things worst they have asked me to bring in a portfolio, which I don't have as I currently study Business at a fashion collage.

Any idea what I can do?? Please help me also if you've previously had an interview at the university.

Dooms day in a week :frown: aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
Reply 17
Original post by joellekatie
Hi
I've applied for the Fashion Communication and promotion course at Huddersfield and have an interview this coming week! MASSIVE PANIC MODE!!

I have no idea what to expect in this interview, but I'm trying to prepare myself with common questions asked in uni interviews but to make things worst they have asked me to bring in a portfolio, which I don't have as I currently study Business at a fashion collage.

Any idea what I can do?? Please help me also if you've previously had an interview at the university.

Dooms day in a week :frown: aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

I had an interview for Fashion and Textile Buying Management in November. It was really relaxed but not sure if it'll be different due to different course leaders etc. Do your research, I don't have good knowledge of the course but look up recent fashion promotions online, know your fashion editors, why you want to do the course, why will you be good on the course, etc. stuff like that. Look at the course modules and prepare questions about the course, what you are not sure about :smile: I wouldn't worry, mine was really relaxed and be yourself. :smile:
Reply 18
Has anybody accepted fashion buying and textile management yet??
Hey guys! Welcome to Huddersfield and you'll absolutely love it here - bet you're so excited!
We have started a FB group for those of you joining this September 2013. It's a great way to meet people on your course an in your halls. When I joined this uni two years ago I made loads of friends through the FB group and it makes joining by yourself so much less scary! Give it a look :smile: Not many members right now but give it a couple of months, this years freshers group has over 1000 members :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/133085673548829/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending