The Student Room Group

When Were The Best Days Of Your Life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'll answer you when I'm 90 because hopefully the best days of my life are yet to come
(November 2003 - present day)

I liked my life before that too.
Last summer when I was working, finished uni and independent :smile: Then of course I decided to go back to uni again so that spoiled it. I hated being a kid.
Original post by mare?
I'll answer you when I'm 90 because hopefully the best days of my life are yet to come

I retract my earlier post - this!
Probably the 18 months between the summer before I went into final year of primary school, and the Christmas holidays of first year of secondary school. No worries/cares, spent all my time playing or watching cricket or rugby, those were the most carefree days.

Whilst its true that bad experiences toughen you up and make you better able to deal with life, every time you go through the toughening experience you lose a bit of innocence inside and you are always more wary and cynical about the future.

The most recent good days were my final year at uni and the first year afterwards when I went travelling, I lived with the best group of people that I have ever done before or since, I achieved all the stuff I wanted to at that time, I had a summer fling with the most beautiful girl I've ever had interested in me, my travelling days were fantastic and - this was just before the banking system crashed - I had high hopes of being able to get a good job quickly.

One thing I've sensed not just with me but with lots of people I know, is that people are a lot more cautious and worried about life now than they were before the recession.
Reply 65
High school. I miss it :sad:
Reply 66
Best days of my life have happened since I got to Uni, absolutely love it.
My time at college, although given a do-over I'd conduct myself slightly differently (at the time I was scared of girls) :redface:
Reply 68
Original post by Unknown?
I would say for me the best days of my life were when I was 5-10. Easy school work. Playing outside with friends, no worries or serious cares. Good times, good times.

my happiest days are yet to come :grumble::mwuaha:

so far it was when I got my A2 exams back: after everyone told me I wont make it even to BBC I got AAB!

skydiving was a happy experience. Nobody but me flying through the skies... :awesome:

also my driving licence - the day I passed my theory and practical exams :biggrin:

after I got my rescue diving licence (scuba diving)

when I get to university and get a job as a doc it will be one of the happiest parts of my life....I hate being a child..

apart from these milestones, nothing else lasted even half as much....
(edited 13 years ago)
Last year of university.
Spend most of it in a hole-in-the-wall dive pub with some really great people, drinking whiskey and port (not together, obviously!) and listening to Fleetwood Mac.

The part that sucks is that I don't think I appreciated it. It kind of dawned on me as I was sat in the pub with a pint of cider the night before my penultimate exam, that the past year had been absolutely brilliant. But by that point it was almost over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending