The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your paying 3k a year for those lectures and you actually want to act like a retard in them?
Original post by Aj12
Your paying 3k a year for those lectures and you actually want to act like a retard in them?

OP is in uni "for the experience!" :rolleyes:
well its not acceptable, but its funny.
How about the last 20 people stay in
then the last 10
then 5
then 2
then 1
then it can end :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12

How am I acting like a retard, it's a skill game
Reply 5
That is the most annoying thing ever.
You go to lectures to learn. Not really to play crappy little games like that.
Sorry if that's harsh. But that's how I see it.
Merely an opinion though. =]
Reply 6
It's funny if you do it once say. If it becomes routine then I would get pissed off :rant:
Reply 7
Utterly disrepsectful.
There are people like me who recently had very serious and genuine coughs and you sit there making a mockery of those unfortunates like myself.
You should be ashamed of yourself young sir.

Yours faithfully,

Disgusted, Royal Tunbridge Wells
Reply 8
How do you play last cough? Everyone starts coughing at the end of the lecture and the last one to pass out wins?
Reply 9
cough cough i beat you

let play last cough on tsr
Reply 10
Original post by Bubbles0ox
well its not acceptable, but its funny.
How about the last 20 people stay in
then the last 10
then 5
then 2
then 1
then it can end :biggrin:

Eliminating 17 people straight off seems drastic, what if a skilled player is having an off day? Maybe if I get 3 more people in, there would be a top 40, i could spilt us into groups of 5 and the top 2 from each group progress, then 4 wild cards are brought back then 4 groups of 5 are made with the top 3 in each group making it through, these battle it out with one being eliminated at the end of each week
Reply 11
Original post by Snaiv
I have a last cough league at uni but it's getting out of hand, there were originally 5 competitors, now there are 37, how can I set up a sort of knock out format? Or is it fine the way it is?

well when I play 'last ... (cough, clap etc)' If you don't want someone to join... just give them a look of 'pure disappointment' then after a while they stop.... usually I say the more the merrier but 37 is a bit to much though
Original post by Snaiv
Eliminating 17 people straight off seems drastic, what if a skilled player is having an off day? Maybe if I get 3 more people in, there would be a top 40, i could spilt us into groups of 5 and the top 2 from each group progress, then 4 wild cards are brought back then 4 groups of 5 are made with the top 3 in each group making it through, these battle it out with one being eliminated at the end of each week

Go for it :biggrin:
Reply 13
If you put as much effort into taking notes and doing assignments and LISTENING in the lectures as you do in planning out knockout stages or whatever crap you're planning, I GUARANTEE you that's more beneficial..
how do you play that game? =/
Reply 15
Original post by humbugsftw
If you put as much effort into taking notes and doing assignments and LISTENING in the lectures as you do in planning out knockout stages or whatever crap you're planning, I GUARANTEE you that's more beneficial..

No it's okay I failed last year so I have all the notes
Reply 16
Original post by Snaiv
No it's okay I failed last year so I have all the notes

Point proven, case closed.
Original post by ilyking
cough cough i beat you

let play last cough on tsr

*Cough*

I win!
Reply 18
Original post by humbugsftw