The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Laursy
if i apply for a job online will it be as quick as applying with an application form?

I have just aplied to three travel companys for travel agency work (i have got the qualifications) i was just wondering if anyone actully heard back form the places from applying online?

i really think it will be great if i was given the chance to shine in a job ill enjoy

A lot of people (including myself) have applied for jobs online and heard nothing or had a rejection letter months after they have applied so TBH if you can apply personaly do that then at least you will probably get a reply within a few weeks rather than months of not knowing
Reply 2
thats abit of a bummer really isn;t it not hearing anything at all!!

thanx u very much ill better go and do it in person then lol
i applied online and heard back within a couple of weeks and got the job :smile: so not everyone here has had bad experiences of applying online
Reply 4
littlemisspain
i applied online and heard back within a couple of weeks and got the job :smile: so not everyone here has had bad experiences of applying online

Wow, you are honestly the first case I've heard of of an online application being successful, well done :smile:
Apply online if it's more convenient. I've had no trouble doing it in the past.
Reply 6
i got a rejection email saying i wasn't the right candidate,

yer like they know what i look like or anything personal about me. oh well better luck next time i suppose
awww never mind! i havent had any success applying online apart from M&S
Reply 8
i appied for M&S online and haven;t heard back yet how long did it take??
Reply 9
Laursy
i appied for M&S online and haven;t heard back yet how long did it take??
I think if you were successful you got an immediate thing on the screen telling you to phone a number for an interview.
yeah there was a number i was told to ring, and then they offered me and interview!
i applied for a job online, a couple of weeks later they invited me for a group interview which i couldnt make cos it was short notice, they offered me a date the next week which i couldnt make due to proir plans, they said they would get back to me with another date, i didnt think they would but they did, and i was successful in the group interview and the next day they rang me up and invited me back for another one to one interview
so applying online can be a good thing
Reply 12
i got a number but i haven't phones it yet!! ill do that in a bit!!
Reply 13
i phoned up the marks and spencer career number and they told me i can;t work there because those yes or no answers were wrong!!

even tho its totally unfair as i don;t think any of those are a yes no answer it should be agre diagree slighyl agree and disagree options im well annoyed now

Latest

Trending

Trending